Wisdom from Suze Orman

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MrDinky, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Suze Orman is a great case studying of filling a niche in a market. Here's a middle aged woman talking stocks and financial planning in plain english (The courage to be rich, lol, couldn't be any plainer than that). She appeals to so many average folks out there, who don't know the difference between MACD and Macaroni and all the technical jargon on CNBC. But the leather clothes, the bleach blonde hair,....I think we can do without those :)

Wouldn't it be nice of Suzy to disclose EXACTLY how she is doing in her investments ytd before a show. What a concept!! That goes for every other talking head on TV. Then people can make a fair decision about what they're saying.

#11     Aug 6, 2002
  2. Rigel

Rigel

There is some good stuff. Anything with depth and meaning. History, biography, art, there are some movies that I think classify as art. Hitchcocks The Birds is one (incredible). It's not all bad.

#12     Aug 6, 2002
  3. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

Suze Orman SUCKS!!!

Man, I just had to get that out.

#13     Aug 11, 2002
  4. Yeah. And politicians and lawyers know it.

#14     Aug 11, 2002
  5. I'm closing on 10 years of no TV, including almost two years now of literally maybe less than 10 hours per year of exposure to a turned on TV even walking through the room, watching a video tape or whatever. Sometime after 8 years, I realized that parts of my brain were regenerating that had been actually physically damaged. I now can not really deal with the noise and light and effort it takes to pay attention to the box. I do not have cable and refuse to pay, thus my wife and kids must follow the path also

What do I do? RWork, read, study, play music, play with my kids, take naps, get master's degrees, learn to trade stocks, read ET...

#15     Aug 12, 2002
  6. hear, hear.

#16     Aug 12, 2002
  7. qazmax

qazmax

I do not need TV either... as long as I have a diret cable line into my computer so I never miss an episode of the real world!!

Big Brother, Survivor!! Bring it!!

I love the PC/TV unit when I cannot sit in front of the big screen watching DVD's from Netflix or scrolling through the random channels up in the 100's.... I swear I am learning Spanish watching those Mexican game shows and developing the ability to unscramble blocked channels in my head!! (You just have to stare long enough...)

I am considering getting Tivo so I can get rid of the TV in my bathroom. Tivo records it when you are on the throne.

I don't like "Miss Big Teeth" either though...

:)

#17     Aug 12, 2002
  8. The Sopranos returns in 4 weeks !!

"Just when I thought I was out . . . the pullled me back in"
    -Silvio Dante

#18     Aug 13, 2002
  9. I heard that middle-aged obnoxious wind-bag on a CNBC "promo" advise one caller to "never, never, never lease a car -- buy a car and keep it for 10-15 years."

Uhhhhh, yeah --- sure wish I had the old 1987 Chevy Celebrity now. That was one sweet ride! in fact, my wife and I could probably even live in it and save the mortgage payment.

She is TRULY obnoxious.

!! I'm !! Suze Orman!!

#19     Aug 13, 2002
  10. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

the "wisdom of suze orman?" that thread title is an oxymoron- suze orman is just a plain moron........

#20     Aug 14, 2002