Wisconsin Scene Is Turning Public Against Gov. Unions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

So why hasn't Dumbo balanced the budget instead of spending even MORE than Bush? Have you seen his latest budget proposal? It's more of the same. BTW how's your Canadian budget doing, is it balanced?

#21     Feb 25, 2011
  2. Here's a dollar. Go fix the biggest economic crisis since the great depression. There's still almost two hours and 15 minutes in the workday before the weekend. That should give you enough time. If you need another dollar let me know and I'll send one more. But don't get carried away.

#22     Feb 25, 2011
  3. Me too!:D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p3MiD_U4CHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#23     Feb 25, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

You are aware of course that of the 1.3 trillion, 400 billion was TARP money which got repaid...... So Obama got a 900 billion dollar deficit. (being generous)

As for Obama cleaning up the mess, I would love to hear you explain to me how you can clean up your debt by drastically increasing the size of government and spending even more money. This must be some new form of "hipster" deficit reduction that only lefties with hackey sacks and skateboards can explain.........There is no doubt in my mind that Bush was fucking retarded but Obama is just as bad, if not worse.

#24     Feb 25, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Looks like a response from someone who doesn't have an answer to the question.

#25     Feb 25, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I hate that song! :)

#26     Feb 25, 2011
  7. Every thinking person, including every thinking economist, knows you don't do nothing in the face of the worst economic crisis in generations. Perhaps some people just like to watch car crashes, but fortunately for you, Obama is not one of them. You wanted him to cut spending to heal the devastated economy he inherited as it was falling apart? Please tell me more about these magic jelly beans.

#27     Feb 25, 2011
  8. Looks like a comment from someone who doesn't understand the answer to a question he cannot even comprehend.

#28     Feb 25, 2011
  9. TGregg

TGregg

A big part of why they have too much influence is that our government has too much money to give away to too many people and too much regulation. A weaker government would (almost by definition) be subject to less influence by various factions because of changes to cost/benefit analysis.

A weaker government also means less money and power for those in it. Which practically guarantees that those in power will not really cut government, regardless of how much tea is brewed.

#29     Feb 25, 2011
  10. Hello

Hello

I would have supported the Stimulus in order to get the economy going if it wasnt the most wasteful project in history. I have said it before and I will reiterate, that money should have been spent on tax subsidies/credits for companies who were willing to hire people in that environment. (I.E. give a tax credit to companies based on the wage of every new employee they hire.)

As it stands the money got blown, through government waste at a cost of 600k per job. And now all we have is an even more bloated government (if thats even possible) because the stimulus created/saved a bunch of government jobs which should have been cut more than a year ago because there isnt any money to pay for these guys.

#30     Feb 25, 2011