Wisconsin GOP Could Pass Union Bill Without Any Democrats Present.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Feb 21, 2011.

1. rc8222

rc8222

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/116591808.html

The Wisconsin GOP lawmakers could pass the Collective Bargaining part of the Union Bill without any Democrats present by attaching it to a non-spending measure. A non-spending measure doesn't require any Democrats to be present for a vote. Since the collective bargaining part of the bill is the one drawing massive union protest, the GOP lawmakers should and will pass it!!!! Screw these asshole unions!!! They want everything for nothing. Those days are over!!! The Wisconsin Governor and GOP lawmakers have the American people on their side, as the poll below indicates. :D :D :D

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...overnor_in_wisconsin_spat_38_side_with_unions

2. pspr

pspr

I wonder how they can do anything without a quorum. Must be something in their rules of procedure that allows them to do certain things without a quorum. I would rather see them wait and drag this on as long as possible. It only hurts the unions and the democrats.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Not true, wish it was. They must have a quorum for any spending legislation.

Wait a few days, the stray dogs will come home and then this bill will be passed or the gov will simply fire 12,000 union members.

4. rc8222

rc8222

It won't be a spending bill if the collective bargaining part of the legislation is attached to a NON-spending bill!!! The other parts of the union bill, such as their health care and pension contributions would be part of an actual spending bill, and require quorum. The GOP can pass the controversial part of the union bill by attaching to a NON-spending measure. So yes, they can do it! At least the collective bargaining part of it that is drawing the protests. The union has already said they would be willing to contribute more to their health care and pension costs, but the collective bargaining issue is what they won't go for.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

i rather prefer he fires 12,000 union members.