Wiring money out of IB to other broker

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by neutrino, Jun 28, 2008.

1. tiger_6

tiger_6

No problem at all as long as the acct
    you are wiring to is set up in the same
    name as your IB acct. If this procedure is
    not set up there could be a time delay.

#11     Jul 6, 2008
  2. Thank you neutrino. Evidently Tums can't read.

I thought I would give some background to my answer. First, I have withdrawn money from IB for years, having it sent to my bank account. No hitches at all, ever.

Now, let me also reiterate what another poster said just above here. We have had many threads where there was an alleged problem with a withdrawal. As near as I can tell, the problem occurred generally with a withdrawal where the instructions were set up just prior to the withdrawal.

Obviously this set of instructions would be instructions additonal to your original set. Tums leads us to believe there is no difficulty with that though. And I am glad to hear this. However, I will only repeat, as the other poster has done, that there have been considerable posts regarding difficulties arising under these circumstances. Because of this, I would just say it would only make sense to check with IB.

Maybe if you set your instructions up all at the same time, and give them an opportunity to season themselves, that would distinguish the withdrawal from the type that some of the posters that I refer to. So in other words, maybe the issue, if there is going to be one, would occur if you set up a new instruction different from your original instructions, and then tried to wire immediately. Again, understand, I am only speculating here. I have not had difficulties myself. I am ony recalling some of the past posts here on ET. And who knows, maybe some of these complaints were not really valid....I'm always suspicious of these type of posts to begin with.

Whatever the case may be, it is always a good suggestion in my opinion to check with IB on matters like this. Run some different scenarios past them to see what their response is, so that you don't get caught by a surprise somewhere down the road.

Good luck with your trading. If you do find out any new information I'd appreciate your posting it.

OldTrader

#12     Jul 6, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

When I create new instructions I tend to withdraw literally immedially after I created it. never had an issue myself and I sent the money to offshore financial centres, US banks, brokers

#13     Jul 6, 2008
  4. eong

eong

I need to transfer from TradeStation to IB. IB uses Citybank as an intermediate bank before money can reach my account in IB. Is anyone know how much Citybank charge for this service?

#14     Aug 5, 2008
  5. Nothing last time I did it although its a long time since I wired money into IB. As with all brokers the key is to fill out the forms PERFECTLY and to have the same names on both accounts.

#15     Aug 5, 2008