Wireless Video link from PC to Monitors/TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DonKee, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DonKee

DonKee

2. It costs as much as another monitor ... what's the point? :confused:

3. DonKee

DonKee

I can think of many ways that I will use it...

4. what kind of stuff did you have in mind?

5. GTS

GTS

I bet the latency is bad, did you catch this "feature": Video streaming is supported up to 720p (720p only available at resolution of 1024x768 or lower)

Still its a cool gadget, thanks for posting it.

6. DonKee

DonKee

Here's a couple:

Not restricted by cord length anymore.

1) While I'm working out in a separate room from my trading room...I can connect my PC to my TV in the work out room.

2) I can watch some Netflix movies, Hulu, etc... instantly, without the hassle of the S cord, although I will still need to set up sound if I'm not using headphones on my laptop. This might be a better option for me than Roku, as it has multiple uses.

3) If I "wall mount" large monitors, I don't need to worry about
    being attached to the monitor. I still have my monitors on a desk, but I might wall mount them, now.

4) I don't do any presentations (just a trader), but I'm sure anyone that does, will love this.

It looks pretty cool. Of course, it's not for everyone. I've gotten some great info on hardware from this forum over the years.

I was just passing this along as I thought some might find this useful.

7. DonKee

DonKee

Yea, I did catch that. It is exciting to think about, in the near future, when they increase the specs.

8. Maverick1

Maverick1

The FAQ says the signal cannot be transmitted through walls and that a 'clear line of sight' is needed...Unless there are no walls between your work out room and PC room, it may not work?

Does anyone know of a wireless solution for monitors that can transmit through walls, kind of like a wireless router for laptops does?

9. heech

heech

I'd just get a thin client PC w/ 802.11 wireless link, and use some kind of screen capture software (Logmein? Citrix?) to see my "main" machine.