Wireless Trading PDA, ect.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kendall, Jan 8, 2006.

1. many thanks riskarb!

#21     Apr 29, 2006
  2. with windows mobile, can you download absolutely ANY windows application onto it and run it, or only a subset of applications will work with it?..thats really the whole reason in my mind to get something better than a regular pda running the "pocket windows" oses

#22     Apr 29, 2006
  3. jgsgroups

jgsgroups

Well I just bought the sprint ppc-6700 and have been playing with it all day.

Forex.com , well .. I can do everything I want but I cannot access charts.

DealBook from GFT didn't work on the ppc-6700, I was able ot download it and install it but it didn't work. It gave an error could not start application or something like that. It seems like the best Forex free charts for PDA thing available.

I saw a notice on the GFT web page that said it wouldn't work on smartphones. It will work with windows mobile devices but not smartphones. Go figure?????

#23     Oct 22, 2006
  4. metatrader mobile is awesome.

#24     Oct 22, 2006
  5. jgsgroups

jgsgroups

Yes metatrader is awesome but it doesn't work with smartphone editions. I downloaded it as soon as you replied and everything looks like it works until you want to logg on. I was not able to logon using the smartphone. They even state this in their website support page. They are working on a smartphone version. But is not available yet.

#25     Oct 22, 2006
  6. TraderD

TraderD

One could load IB as an applet within browser w/o installing it. This can be done now on any PC - standard IB feature. Has anyone tried this with phones/PDAs with full browsing capabilities?

In general, has anyone been able to run full IB on smart phone or PDA? Chances are small, but we do have some creative people here.

The feature that I would like to use is price alerts.

#26     Dec 5, 2006
  7. Tums

Tums

http://news.com.com/1606-12994_3-6150557.html?tag=ne.video.6148749

Samsung, Seamless Internet, OQO, and Black Diamond demo tiny PCs OR Tiny

At CES 2007 in Las Vegas, ZDNet Executive Editor David Berlind rounds up the ultra mobile PC (UMPC) category. The miniature PCs are a popular theme at the show because they offer most of the power of a regular notebook or desktop in a very mall device.
    3 minutes 48 seconds Jan 16, 2007 1:19:00 PM

#27     Jan 19, 2007
  8. Tums

Tums

9. TraderD

TraderD

#29     Feb 15, 2007
  10. #30     Mar 1, 2007