Wireless Trading PDA, ect.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kendall, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Kendall

Kendall

My PDA will be a Treo 700W...The device runs windows mobile the latest version...The carrier is Verizon and the PDA will be setup on Verizon's EVDO network which gives broadband like speeds...

I will have the existing free trading service I usually can get though my phone which is realtime quotes and the ability to enter trades through Ameritrade...

I want more and I was hoping to get some feedback from the board...I'm looking for Real-Time Streaming charts and a streamer so I can follow multiple stocks without refreshing a single stock every few seconds...Level II would be nice also, but I'm not sure if it's offered...My research has found 2 software providers so far...

Esignal offers Quotrek for $50.00...You get Streaming Charts, a streamer, and supposedly you can add level II for $30 more...I think that is only for the desktop but the sales rep told me you could get it on the PDA...

Pocketquotes.com offers service for $18.00....You get Streaming Charts and a streamer to monitor multiple stocks...

Both service intergrate brokerages to a certain degree but I plan on testing them both out to see which is better...Obviously there are some big price differences here so I have to probably run them both to see if it's justified...

Anyways, anybody out there know of any other software to add to this list? Or has anybody used any of the services listed above and want to comment? I will do the same...I did some searches on the site but didn't find too much except for maybe a blurb about quotrek and the treo...

Also, does anybody know any brokerages that may offer more than what Ameritrade offers for your PDA free by having an account? I know some of the Forex houses hook you up, but I'm looking for really just NYSE and Nasdaq...

2. The PocketPC's are far superior for driving quotes and trading. I've used both platforms with Verizon. IB's mobile trader works very well.

3. TGM

TGM

You can trade with IB and get all kinds of quotes.

I have no idea how good IB is for this pocket pc stuff. Their other software works fine.

4. lojze

lojze

There are no IB charts on Mobile Trader, as far as I know.
    Correct?

5. lojze

lojze

I am looking for good PDA/GSM Phone device and service for charting. Any idea ?

6. Kendall

Kendall

Treo 700W with Verizon...Then get the Esignal Quotrek service...

Streaming REAL-TIME charts on a Broadband network...Need I say more?

7. lojze

lojze

Yes, but as I don't have eSignal otherwise, eSignal is way too expensive.

8. TraderD

TraderD

How many bars per chart do you need? When I checked that about 1 year ago, quoteck could display only 30-40 *latest* bars (you can't scroll back in hostory). For me it was a "no go". Studies are limited as well. So, if you are looking for full qutes and limited charting - you are fine, otherwise you may think about something else.

9. Does anyone have experience with T-Mobile Sidekick? Looks like it's the cheapest out there for surfing the web wirelessly.

10. Whats the smallest device out there that will run the full version of Windows? (as opposed to all these "pocket windows" versions) ? A tablet ? A laptop?

#10     Apr 26, 2006