wireless router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by battle river, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Kelly,

A "1 1/2 story home"? Does this mean the ceilings upstairs are only 4ft high? :)

#21     Jul 19, 2006
  2. Move the router, modem/hub, whatever away from one another (are they stacked?). firmware upgrade. Check and see if someone in your team messed with the QOS. Do you have some kind of superpowered corporate firewall? Oh, and make sure you delete cookies, temp internet files and defrag every now and then. Some of you folks should check and see if you are running different aps concurrently. Power down and power back up.

#22     Jul 20, 2006
  3. Sjpooz Top: depending on where you are located what type of isp service you are running, you would want to check to see if you need to be in dhcp or pppoe. If pppoe, make sure that it is on the router AND not the computer. Also, it sounds like you could maybe have an IP conflict so check for that. How much piggybacking is being done on your wrk54g? Always download the firmware upgrades for the Linksys routers.

#23     Jul 20, 2006
  4. Battle River: that is curious about the wired v. wireless. Can you access other websites using the wireless?

You might try using IE as your browser (latest version) just in case you are using Mozilla, Firefox or Safari. Also double check the caps lock/ case sensitive login.

#24     Jul 20, 2006
  5. Quote from uptik2000:

Kelly,

A "1 1/2 story home"? Does this mean the ceilings upstairs are only 4ft high? :)

Uptik,

LOL, yes we have to duck down to go through our b/r doors, then just flop on the bed. :) Actually, and maybe you know this, the sidewalls are 52" or 54", I don't recall exactly. Then from there it slopes up to the flat part of the ceiling, which in our home is only 4' wide, and 7' high.

Hope all is going well for you. Do you still drop into the chat on occasion?

Take Care, Good Trading to you!

Kelly

#25     Jul 20, 2006
  6. no firewalls that i know of.........was on with Linksys rep & deleted all the firewalls.....i think!!
    why would stacking the router on top of the modem be bad??

what is QOS??......i`m not a very computer savvy cat,so alot of this is greek to me.

funny thing is, iwas just speaking to a friend of mine whom lives 2 blocks from me ,he`s actually a former sugar,beans trader,informed me he had a techy look at his,same router,& diagnosed it as an IP address problem...........that these routers have a tendency to lose the IP addy.
    is there a solution or a quick fix to that????? TIA,steve

#26     Jul 20, 2006