wireless on the road

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Error 404, May 9, 2003.

1. Er, uh, RSX.X, the Wi-Fi only has a range of a few hundred feet, in most cases, so I think the Grand Canyon might be a little tough as far as signal strength.

#11     May 9, 2003
  2. Max, I thought you read my posts (and associated responses) before you made your own responses:

Then there is this...I invite you to dinner; an open and honest invitation. You accept, but apparently my invitation was not adequate:

So while I could not imagine how MY extending an invitation to YOU gave you the right to "choose venue", I still went along with it, believing it was to be in Boca. Apparently my offer was not generous enough.

Well, I guess I jumped to a conclusion I should not have. You mentioned you were going to be in Boca on or around June 3. My invitation was for dinner and drinks here. If you expected my meaning of "any place" to include flying you first class to Monaco, I guess I did not make myself clear enough. Sorry if I disappointed you. Invitation still stands in Boca.

As for me not getting around Monaco on the weekends, I have to admit to not remembering the names of the places I went to. Once I was there to trade and work for a few weeks, and took along my wife and son. He wsa not quite 4 years old, so my bar-hopping was non existent. And the other time I was there I went alone strictly to work, I was only there during the week. Short intense business trip. So again,, not much more than sleeping and working and a whole lot of travel for such a short stay.

I was there on my honeymoon in 1978. We were there for the last week of our month in Europe. Trying to make what little money we had left over last us through the week. Spent most of what we left the States with the first week in Chamonix (as you know). We drove all over Europe the second two weeks, and the last week, we stayed in what was then the Holiday Inn on the beach in Monaco. It was expensive, and we were running on financial fumes. We ate sandwiches and hot dogs on the beach, and had most of our dinners in the coffee shop type places. Being poor in Monte Carlo is not the way to go.

Hope you can understand.

Now I am neither poor, nor in Monte Carlo. So dinner in Boca sounds doable to me. Let me know if we are on. If my offer isn't attractive enough, for you, then I apologize for the effort.

Oh, and how come you never responded to my "debate" suggestion?

Peace,
    RS

#12     May 10, 2003
  3. Sheesh!

#13     May 10, 2003
  4. BKKTrader

BKKTrader

Hey Error 404,

If you want to trade while in Bangkok, you are welcome to visit our trading floor and use a computer. We are a group of traders here in the heart of Bangkok. We use a 512k ADSL line. Our trading hours are 8:30pm to 3:00am. Send me an e-mail if you are interested.

#14     May 11, 2003
  5. Get some pictures of this guy and definitely include some screen shots of actual trades. Hey, while your at it, do some color scans of his visa(s). Heh, heh...

#15     May 11, 2003
  6. BKK, I will be leaving from Chicago to Bangkok Sept. 7. I haven't even seen my itinerary yet. It is doubtful I I will have the time to trade since I have other business to attend to during the day. Plus I hope to get some golf in. But I would definitely be interested in checking out your operation.

There is a possibility I may be spending substantial time in Thailand subsequent to this visit, and if so, I would like to trade. Will email you as soon as I know what day I will be there and where I will be staying (and when). Of the week or 10 days in Thailand I think we will only be in Bangkok for 2 days or so. Not sure exactly which.

Thanks for the offer, and I will get to you as soon as my plans are firm.

Peace,
    :)RS

#16     May 12, 2003

7. Aloha
    BKK,
    Welcome to Elite. Keep us posted about things in Bangkok.

Are you trading US markets?

Do the phone/internet lines ever go out of service?

Are there Internet Cafe's or places tourists can check email?

How do time zones effect your trading?

#17     May 12, 2003
  8. BKKTrader

BKKTrader

It is great in Thailand. If you don't like waking up early, you are in heaven here. The beaches are very close for enjoyment on the weekends. The night life is great in the city here in Bangkok. I will answer some of your questions:

>Are you trading US markets?

Yes, we are trading US markets. We are trading with Generic Trading.

>Do the phone/internet lines ever go out of service?

Never had it happen. However, we do have a back-up internet line just in case.

>Are there Internet Cafe's or places tourists can check email?

Yes, there are internet cafes every block and a 7-11 every two blocks.

>How do time zones effect your trading?

We love trading at night. The hours currently are 7:30pm to 3am. Most of us sleep right after getting home and wake up about 10-11am.

Thailand offers so many wonderful locations to visit on the weekend. The cost is very inexpensive. You can book seaview hotel room in Phuket now for $30. And Bangkok is very cheap to live with an apartment costing about $150 a month and your evening meal about $1 to $2 for some great Thai food. You can take a taxi about 1 mile for $1. My average taxi ride is $1.50 so there is no need for a car. Life is very good. However, it is a city of about 6-7 million so don't forget the pollution. You cannot have everything!

Come visit sometime!

#18     May 12, 2003
  9. :cool: Yes, I loved Bangkok. Thanks for the update. The best things remain unsaid.

#19     May 12, 2003

10. New Trader David Herron writes:

#20     Jun 1, 2003