Wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AllenW, Aug 18, 2005.

1. AllenW

AllenW

Hi,
    Anyone have a wireless with Microsoft's Tilt Wheel? Does it allow horizontal scrolling of charts? Opinions?

Thanks

2. I bought a Microsoft wireless mouse (no tilt wheel) about a year and a half ago.

All it did was burn up batteries and the delay/lag was so bad it was finally turned into a $50 paper weight.

I am still scratching my head on why I bought a wireless mouse. It's not like I need to take it with me when I get up from the desk????

3. LOL. Been there, done that.

4. balda

balda

Got it at Costco for $19.00 about 1.5 years ago, very comfortable and works great.

5. I have a logitech wireless mouse (MX500 or 700 or something). It uses rechargable batteries and the cradle where you store it charges it so its always ready to go. It works great. Not having a wire makes the mouse easier to manage and keeps clutter off the desk. Not sure I'd go wireless on a PC that I trade with however.

6. I have the new Microsoft tilt/scroll wireless mouse, and I love it. My wired mouse was always getting hung up on something (mousepad, edge of desk, etc.) If I wanted to turn the mouse a particular way I had to overcome the friction of the wire against whatever surface it was rubbing against. Much freer feeling with the wireless. Its as responsive as any wired mouse I've owned. It will scroll horizontally using the tilt feature, any window that is large enough to have what I will call the horizontal slide bar at the bottom. If you want to scroll Esignal charts for example, using the scroll wheel in the normal manner accomplishes this. But, I think any scroll wheel mouse does that. I own 2, and bought them on Ebay. Hope this helps.

7. ozzy

ozzy

8. anyone that daytrades with a wireless mouse is looking for disaster. leave thev wireless mouse for surfers.......

9. ozzy

ozzy

nonsense. My mouse is the least of my worries.

10. gnome

gnome

Of all the significant variables in trading, "wireless vs. wired" mouse isn't one of them.

#10     Aug 19, 2005