Wireless internet broadband access available?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EqtTrdr, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Will be staying at a relative's house for the next month. There is no internet access at the residence.

I will not trade every day, but I want to have access available in case I need to or want to do so.....

Is the only thing I can use a Verizon wireless EVDO card? Do I need to have a Verizon cell phone plan to use it?

Is there anything else I can do in this situation as I would only need the access for about a month.

Any ideas???:confused: :confused:

2. m4a1

m4a1

go to starbucks or barnes & noble

3. hehe... that's a lot of coffee I will have to drink :)

good idea though

4. Panera has WiFi too.

The little public library near me has WiFi, so checking out the local library where you'll be is probably worth it.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi

6. volente_00

volente_00

How about pay for a month of service at their house ?

7. Yep...easy and quick solution is the obvious as others have suggested.

Just go to any local WiFi hotspot...

It's what I do when I travel.

By the way, make sure you have a good firewall/internet security system to prevent any problems.

Here's my favourite Wi-Fi hotspot locater...

http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com

Mark

8. They don't have cable and I figured by the time I pay the set up fees and install a DSL modem it just wouldn't be worth my time. Besides I didn't think they would let you cancel service after 30 days or so...

Last time I was at this house I signed up for AOL with the free disk availble everywhere. It was fine for my style of trading except took me like 3 days and 30 phone calls to try and cancel the damn thing after I was done using it...

sucked big time :)

FU AOL:mad:

9. vjay

vjay

I'm pretty sure Verizon has a montly plan with no penalties. check out their home page. they probably give you a cheap modem too. Setup is very easy

#10     Aug 28, 2006