Wireless Hacking

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by scalpmaster, Oct 29, 2006.

1. OK thank you I did that & none of the boxes are checked...so that must be OK. I think the only thing I have starting up is McAfee. I usually check that in start/run/msconfig/startup I think it's the same thing as you said....no boxes are checked.

#21     Oct 31, 2006
  2. damo484

damo484

you can't see someones pages just by getting into the wireless network. getting into the network is like removing the lock off your front door but you still have to get in that front door.

the way to see someones pages is:
    use a scanner to sniff the network.
    then capture that data packets.
    then crack the encryption used on the data packets.
    now infiltrate the network with the key you just obtained.
    now install a trojan on the host machine.

one the trojan is installed and as long as it remains undected your home and in the front door. you will now be able to detect passwords, view pages, turn on the webcam ect....

so the best security is to patch your operating system and use a good anti-virus scanner (most will detect trojans).

i hope this places it all into perpective a little better.

#22     Oct 31, 2006
  3. #23     Oct 31, 2006
  4. Grew

Grew Guest

Assuming they know your username and pw. Yes they can access your account and trade it.

#24     Nov 1, 2006
  5. I think that is incorrect. You will need the dongle as well (which is the whole point of it). I think these things generate some sort of unique one time only session key.

#25     Nov 1, 2006
  6. gbos

gbos

Without the dongle they can't login your account. Thats the purpose of the dongle. To produce a unique personalized key changing every session based on a hardware stored password and an encryption algorithm. That can't be duplicated by anyone not having the dongle or direct access to the banks server with your stored info.

#26     Nov 1, 2006
  7. #27     Nov 1, 2006
  8. OK thanks a lot I think I am just paranoid :p

#28     Nov 1, 2006
  9. socalpt

socalpt

Some banks such as B of A wont let you signin if you try to access your account from another computer, you also have to use a security code assigned to you if they
    suspected something is wrong.

#29     Nov 1, 2006
  10. socalpt

socalpt

#30     Nov 1, 2006