wire transfer trouble

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jwampo, Sep 27, 2011.

1. I use global futures and never had a problem, and have wires sent every two or three weeks. At 10:15 est I sent a request, broker called an hour to say it was sent, money was there by 3:00.

#11     Feb 17, 2012
  2. people, you still dont get it !

banks print their own money !! As reward they get full interest as profit.

Every real withdrawal ruins structure a bit. Until money moves within network of banks all fine.

once withdrawals really start, get governmnet to help.

Thats why banks a a good BUY !

#12     Feb 17, 2012
  3. luisHK

luisHK

:confused: Happily I haven't heard about it yet with IB, but would it apply only to american citizens and corporations, or also to foreign ones ?

#13     Feb 22, 2012
  4. Happily IB is not doing this for U.S. citizens like me either, at least not yet. I have wire transfers go through right away.

Of course IB does have some additional security mechanisms of its own such as its token devices and its time delays after adding a new destination account etc.

#14     Feb 22, 2012
  5. luisHK

luisHK

I'm not sure denying one to reapatriate their own funds because they give "personal use" as a reason rather than "buy a car" has much to do with the account safety. Do you risk to be later indicted of wire fraud if you finally buy a motorbike rather than a car ??

Anyway my question was more wether the issue, apparently linked to the "Patriot Act", applied also to foreign individual and corporations or only to american ones - today for TDameritrade customers, and possibly tomorrow to IB's.

#15     Feb 22, 2012
  6. This is a nonsense thread. TDAmerica opened up the account for you. THEY have YOUR money.

You need that money and this information needs to be provided to the bank for processing by TDAMERICA.

This is the first time I am hearing that clients are unable to withdraw funds out of TDAMERICA.

If they open up international accounts for NON citizens then they should NEVER have this issue.

This thread does not make sense.

Please elaborate further because this is unbelievable if true.

#16     Feb 22, 2012
  7. #17     Feb 22, 2012
  8. lugui

lugui

Hi,

I come across the same problem when trying to withdraw fund from TD Ameritrade as I am from Asia.

To be honest this is a bit annoying as I never had problem with IB for withdrawing my hard earn money.

Had I known of this difficulty before depositing money in TD, I would rather THINK TWICE !

lugui

#18     Mar 4, 2012
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Quite disturbing I'd expect overseas customers flowing out of TDameritrade on this news - as long as other brokers don't follow :eek:

Many issues using american brokers, or simply trading american markets - I got through quite a bit of hassle from Etrade as well.

#19     Mar 4, 2012
  10. Do you think big banks and large corporations who either receive or wire funds across the globe have to face such scrutiny?

Congress won't force an audit on the private Federal Reserve to find out which international banks got billions from Uncle Ben, but an individual is treated like a terrorist for simply requesting their own money in a foreign country.

When government infringes on the free market using "national security" as the excuse, it's rarely in the people's best interest.

#20     Mar 4, 2012