"Wiped Out" by Anonymous Author

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Slim Harpo, May 31, 2005.

1. I ordered that one but couldn't stomach the contents -- got fed up and returned it.

#11     May 31, 2005
  2. How unfortunate. Had you stuck with it, I have no doubt that you would have expanded your horizons and grown as a person.

#12     May 31, 2005

3. LOL. That is funny. Reminds me of the time I ordered the "DIY home circumsion kit" for only $200. Guess I should have read the reviews on Amazon before ordering that.

#13     May 31, 2005
  4. lmao!

For $1099 I tried to master "The Secrets of Male Castration", but my wife beat me to it.

#14     May 31, 2005
  5. Besides many things that I do, I am also a collector of rare and one of a kind and unique things....you know some people have huge climate controlled warehouses to store one of a kind vehicles or rare muscle cars.....or to store rare musical instruments just to give you a couple of examples..things like that...also reading is a passion of mine and I want to put together a library filled with trading books and "Wiped Out" is considered a unique and very rare book....so its not the content that I am interested in as much as the book being rare and very old.

#15     May 31, 2005
  6. Great..thanks as I was able to get there ok..I see he does have a copy in good condition for $65.00....One just went on eBay for that price to...I was watching it when it had no bids and the starting bid price was $89.00 and I was out all afternoon and evening up till now and I just looked at it and it said SOLD with buy it now for $65.00 ..weird..so the seller must have lowered his price and made it a buy it now at the lower price and I missed it..oh well..

Thanks again...very cool

#16     May 31, 2005
  7. Hey chisel...does the w/no dj mean with no dust jacket and is it in good condition?... would you be willing to sell it for the $65.00 price that the link to that bookstore in the tread before yours is selling 1 for?

Thanks..

#17     May 31, 2005
  8. That's actually a pretty good deal.

Many vendors would sell you their stuff for much more and you would end up with a loser experience only after trying their stuff out. So you see, this book shortens your learning curve immensely and saves you a lot of money too... :D

#18     May 31, 2005
  9. Banjo

Banjo

Tdog, lmao

#19     May 31, 2005
  10. wdscott

wdscott

I have a first edition.
    The book is about a loser who perpetually loses.
    I bought it from Donald Mack in 2000 for $6.95.

Quote from Chapter 1

"I suppose I should pretend that I'm writing this book to help others avoid the mistakes that I myself made in the stock market. I am not that altruistic. I am writing this book in the hope that it will sell, that I will recover, even to some slight degree, the money I lost in the market. If others find instruction in it , well and good..............And I lost a great deal of money."

At least he's an honest.

Supposedly, he started with 50,000-100,000 dollars and 6-1/2 years later ended with only $297.78.

There is simply not one lesson to learn in this book. After 6-1/2 years of trading he made every mistake on his last day of trading as he did on his first day of trading.

I cannot understand it becoming a collector's item.

Regards,
    Dave

#20     Jun 1, 2005