Winter of 2009-2010 Could Be Worst in 25 Years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Dont know where in central Canada you live, but 2 weeks ago we were the coldest temperature on the planet, I live in Central Canada, and it has been -30 degrees C or colder with windchill for many weeks now, many times reaching mid negative 40's, even reaching -55 degrees celcius with windchill. And I am not living in the god damn Yukon. For all the people from the U.S. -40 degrees celcius, is equal to -40 degrees fahrenheit,that is where the temperatures meet. Basically at this temperature when you walk outside your testicles freeze to the side of your leg if you didnt dry off in the shower properly in the morning. :)

You are right though next week is supposed to be +2 here which is odd, but there is no way you could consider this anything less than a "freeze your balls off cold" winter thus far, and until i hear a meterologist admit it i will not be happy. :)

#51     Jan 6, 2010
  2. Wallet

Wallet

ROTFLMAO,

Global Warming, Oh! excuse me, climate change - when the data don't fit. Biggest bunch of horseshit, I mean cow fart, lies to keep a bunch of dumb ass unemployable crackpot wannabe self proclaimed scientists, with grant money.

Get a life.

#52     Jan 6, 2010
  3. jem

jem

The weather in San Diego has been awesome.

Something tells me the weather has a lot more to do with ocean currents like el nino and la nina than man made CO2.

Right now real scientists are working on those models. They really do not know the interplay between the oceans and CO2 all that well.

#53     Jan 7, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Hehe, I lived in Yukon for nearly a decade. Before that, Alaska for a decade. I kinda miss the bragging rights. The cold, you get used to it. And the winters were getting milder. But the dark, that isn't changing and I got tired of it.

Anyway, Calgary now. Above normal Fall, followed by, yeah, below normal Winter so far, but with above normal forecast in the days ahead. Above normal, below normal, etc., it makes one wonder why anyone even bothers to calculate the average if Nature won't conform more closely. ; )

#54     Jan 7, 2010

5. Or, to paraphrase Johnny Cochran:

".......If the data don't fit - you must omit........"

#55     Jan 7, 2010
  6. Wallet

Wallet

ROLF!

#56     Jan 7, 2010
  7. How long before "An Inconvenient Truth" is considered a cult classic?

trailer: (at first good for a chuckle, then anger followed by a bit of paranoia/fear, and finally absolute contempt. This was required viewing for many if not all school children. The most vile piece of propaganda I've seen, 45 seconds is more than enough thank you. Mmmm-mmmm-mmm )

http://www.aninconvenienttruth.com.au/truth/trailer.htm

#57     Jan 7, 2010
  8. It won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. Before long I figure the academy will change it to be an Academy Award for best comedy.

#58     Jan 7, 2010

9. If there was an Oscar for Horror films, that would be a better catagory. That trailer is the first time I've viewed any of the film. Just that 45 seconds was absolutely horrifying. Small children where forced to view it. I'm at a loss for words.

At this moment, I only agree with one of the following guys assertions.

Not Evil, Just Wrong
    http://www.noteviljustwrong.com/blog/general/218-the-nine-lies-of-al-gore

#59     Jan 8, 2010
  10. I dont know how people can doubt Gore, people doubted him when he said NAFTA would create jobs for americans

.....uh, wait

never mind

#60     Jan 8, 2010