Winter of 2009-2010 Could Be Worst in 25 Years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Yeah, we sent that weather your way earlier, glad to see you got it. When it was here though, it wasn't far out of normal. Good winds got it to you in good shape.

Rained here in mid-November. Very unusual.

#41     Jan 6, 2010
  2. It must be humans fault.

#42     Jan 6, 2010
  3. Arnie

Arnie

Good post.

I would add that at best, the GW studies only show a correlation between C02 and warming. None of them prove that C02 causes GW. In fact if you go back and look at the graph, many times it shows temps peaking BEFORE C02. If C02 is "causing" GW, shouldn't C02 peak before the temps do? I'm sure the AGW zealots have an answer for that. Also notice how that graph is compressed so this little discrepancy isn't so noticeable.

#43     Jan 6, 2010
  4. Apparently c02 can lag a temperature spike by as much as 1000 years. Their explanation for this phenomenon is c02 wasn't the initial catalyst for the temperature rise, but once the rise in temperature began, c02 became part of a feedback loop. Warmer oceans release dissolved gasses, which increases c02 concentrations in the atmosphere, which causes warmer temperatures and so on. I find it interesting that the current global warming theory ignores the possibility a similar scenario has contributed to the current rise in temperature (well, not current. It's dropped over the last decade due to the natural ebb and flow of the climate. At least they hope it's ebb and flow. No one really knows one way or the other).

Human nature says we have to blame ourselves first, I guess. Village elders used to tell us droughts, floods and other natural disasters happen because we made the gods angry. It seems we angered them again. I'm going to do my part and sacrifice a chicken (or as Al said, reduce my carbon footprint) every day this week. I'm freezing my ass off.

#44     Jan 6, 2010
  5. loik

loik

The climate does change, the question is if it`s induced by humans.

#45     Jan 6, 2010
  6. Thats so idiotic. Everyone knows you have to be a high priest for your sacrifice to be accepted. You are just wasting valuable chickens.

#46     Jan 6, 2010
  7. What is the fuss all about? It is pretty balmy
    [​IMG]

#47     Jan 6, 2010
  8. :D :D

#48     Jan 6, 2010
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Goats on the other hand work for nonprofessionals. Numerous studies have proved and all scientists agree that a few monthly goat sacrifices are just the ticket for pleasing the gods.

#49     Jan 6, 2010
  10. So you mean there is a difference between weather and climate. I could have sworn some of us were just standing on our heads.

#50     Jan 6, 2010