Winning Edge -- Dr Ned Gandevani

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Pirate27, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Pirate27

Pirate27

Does anybody here have any direct experience of using Dr Ned Gandevani's Winning Edge S&P Day trading methodology ?

Nothing surfaced using the ET search function .

He appears in the 'Readers Choice' Top 10 of the Stock & Commodities magazine but I have never seen any reference to his trading approach on any trading related forum -- which is probably positive !!

Pirate

2. Very little appears about him anywhere - but what little there was, was very negative. Some years ago, I questioned him several times about his returns, whether a trial was available, and he ignored every email. He advertises heavily, charges a lot, and appears to deliver little...

Here is one of the few things on him:

Yes I subscribed to DR. Ned Gandevani ( spelling could be off). I took the $895.00 US package..with gave me the opening trade for the day and any intraday trades.

TOtal waste of time......Complete Bull sh*t. When the mkt went 3 pts past his range of entry...example go long at 1450-1451..then he would reverse...his entry...although he would not send you a signal about this...as this was not part of the $895 package.

He said you needed to pay $3 grand or more to be part of that...

Total crap...he is a Phd...in Math or Engineering...

Another scam artist.... Stay away from Winning Edge and Dr. Ned Gandhvani....in New York btw.

3. MasonC

MasonC Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

I have been trading Dr. Ned's Winning Edge Systems (Day/Swing/Position) for a while for my clients. His posted track record DOES NOT include commissions or slippage. I trade his signals with the emini S&P.
    Pease contact me for more information.

4. Interesting.

Pirate has only 2 posts, and wants to know if anyone has experience with a vendor

Coincidentally "MasonC" with 25 posts DOES have that experience, but apparently he elects not to post that record, asking people to contact him directly....:D

Personally I enjoy spam when it is entertaining and creative like this......especially now that the TV writers are on strike.....

Keep up the good work boys and girls

Steve

5. Would a recognised brokerage company engage in SPAM? I would hope not but things change I suppose.

Regards

6. TraderTSP

TraderTSP

Dr. Gandevani's system is a SHAM. I took his course many years ago and I can tell you that it's impossible to become profitable. It's far too subjective in nature and he will give you the run around for years that you (the trader) are the problem not the methodology.

I studied the methodolgy night and day for many years and all it has brought me has been sleepless nights, frustration, anger and hundreds of thousand of dollars in losses.

His concept of buying and selling the market at his Key Points or Strange Attractors using his double confirmation concept is a fast way to go BROKE.

His swing course is even more rediculous, where he tells you to buy and sell his Double Confiramtion (which is essentially an indicator which identifies a divergence and paint bars) on the 30 minute chart. If you want to go bankrupt, then this is the system for you.

Dr Gandevani has essentially created a magnificant business to try to syphon as much money as possible from people, by incorprating different levels of courses, daily commetary (which is far to vague at best), coaching, swing course, automated systems (which have yet to be profitable) etc, etc, etc.

His monthly postings of astronomical results are FALSE. He WILL NOT come forth with audited results simply because his postings are trades that have been assumed in hindsight. I signed up to trade live with him for $20,000.00 for the month, and we were essentially at a loss almost everyday. He will NOT post the losers on his daily commentary because he tells you that they were level 3 trades (right). This is rediculous and a CLASS ACTION LAWSUITE for false advertisement is finally in order.

His Daily Commentary results are calculated at days end, not his actual trades (he'll look back in hindsight and calculate what should have been done, this is impossible as he has the magical ability to NOT trade the losers and trade only the winners and by the grace of God, exit at the best price possible). As mentioned above, I traded live with him and I realized this in the end.

Please traders, stay away from Dr. Gandevani, he is a master manipulator, I promise you this. He has only brought misery and anger and frustration to my life.

His exit strateies don't even exist. It's either 3 waves or double tops or bottoms, can you imagine attempting to be objective with this???

When you ask him why the Key Points or Magic numbers aren't working, he'll tell you there must have been news, right Ned, there's news everyday.

He professes that his Double Confirmation has a 90% success rate. My calculation for his stratgies (10 years of data) are around 20% and 30 to 40% for his Key Points, Magic Numbers and Strange Attractors.

I was one of his most dedicated students, only to realize that he swindled me, I don't want this to happen to anyone else, stay away from this person.

TraderTSP

7. If you had read the risk disclosure, you would have seen this :

"HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY COMMODITY TRADING ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN, IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL COMMODITY TRADING PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR COMMODITY TRADING PROGRAM. ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL COMMODITY TRADING PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT."

http://www.winningedgesystem.net/risk_disclosure.htm

This is just another snake oil vendor and scam artist...

8. I haven't seen any advertisements, where did you see them ?

9. Very Sad story :mad:

I have 2 words for you.

NFA and LAWSUIT

A. File a complaint against the guy with the NFA.

B. Sue his ass off for misrepresentation and fraud.