Winning $20 M Won't Make You Happy

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ironchef, May 31, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

When you run out of money and are eating sticks for breakfast, and competing with rats for your dinner in the back of restaurants in the Dumpster, you get back to us, OK? Find happiness in that life.

I'll take the $20 million instead. Kthxbye.

#41     May 31, 2019
  2. Don't you see that you are pulling a lot of ifs and thens out of your behind without the slightest factual backup? It seems apparent by now that you are financially struggling. I am not speculating or suggesting a reason for that. But I say this, you seem to extrapolate from your situation to a large sample size. That leads you astray. Wish you can figure out a way to be happy. Perhaps you first focus on covering your necessities and then re-evaluate, perhaps you find more happiness when you don't struggle to worry about the tomorrow. Best of luck to you.

#42     May 31, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Dude, it's called being POOR! How much of this thread have you missed? OMG LOL!!!! Money... buys... happiness! WTF!

#43     May 31, 2019
  4. Maybe you start small and first cover your necessities. Cut all the other crap out. Then you don't need 20m but only a few k per month. You seem extremely angry with your situation.

#44     May 31, 2019
  5. That's not the thread topic. You missed the point. Start your own thread to bitch how sorry you feel for yourself with your first world problems. Unless you currently sit at a public library I suggest you first cut your internet and don't participate in a trading forum if you can't fill your stomach on a daily basis. You got your priorities messed up if I am allowed to kindly suggest. Last response to you on this topic.

#45     May 31, 2019
  6. volente_00

volente_00

I read an article once about lottery winners and the majority were the same or less happy when interviewed down the road. Everyone has something that drives them. When you get thrown into wealth instantly it makes your lose your purpose. Losing your purpose in life regardless of net worth is the source of unhappiness. Life becomes boring when you can afford anything you want. That is why so many wealthy people are underneath deeply unhappy.

My network of friends has a large disparity of income and wealth. From
    20k income to low 7 figures. You would think the wealthy ones are more happy but from my experiences they are not. More money equals more problems once you get past a certain point. You think a poor person worries about a bank collapsing and their deposit not being insured ? Yet a wealthy person has to figure out ways to protect their wealth which creates more stress. Maybe my personal experience is an analomy.

#46     May 31, 2019
    jl1575 and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  7. volente_00

volente_00

You say this but there are only so many places you can go

Only so much golf you can play

In the end you get bored because the wealth causes you to lose your reason

#47     May 31, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Let us test your resolve...That was your last response on this topic.

I have been on about how 20 million bucks will make one happy. The thread went on a tangent, as they tend to do. You, who have lots of money, seem content with the position that money does not buy happiness.

I think you say that because you see the world through a colored lens, which has never known poverty. And since you will no longer respond on this thread, I win?

#48     May 31, 2019
  9. toc

toc

Money can't buy happiness for long term but it sure can keep lots of stress and worries away.

#49     May 31, 2019
    LS1Z28 and Overnight like this.
    #50     May 31, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.