Winning $20 M Won't Make You Happy

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ironchef, May 31, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

And that is because all the stories you read about the peeps who win the jackpots are the ones who have failed, by blowing it all on everything they did not need.

But what about all those who won the jackpots and are now living comfortable lives, relieved from the daily pressures of life? We don't ever hear about all those folks.

And there have been WAY more successful jackpot winners than jackpot losers.

The "news" reports only the losers. The ones who blow it all up. And so we think all jackpot winners cannot handle their shit.

#31     May 31, 2019
  2. R1234

R1234

with $20m I would quit my business and travel the world for the rest of my days...that would make me happy.

#32     May 31, 2019
    cafeole and Overnight like this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Oh, you just had to go there on pizza. Mutha fucka. In NYC, the first slice is just as good as the last slice. OMG I need good pizza so bad. Fuck off ElCub, but in a good way.

And Dozu...

"above basic needs, more money does NOT buy more happiness..."

I never mentioned money buying "more" happiness. Just happiness period.

#33     May 31, 2019
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Whatever makes you happy. :D

#34     May 31, 2019
    volente_00 likes this.
  5. volente_00

volente_00

They don't when you look at statistics

Why is the United States suicide rate 3x of a poor country like Mexico ?

This goes back to not having shit so less worry on failing and losing

#35     May 31, 2019
    dozu888 and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Maybe because we have nearly 3X the population of Mexico? Maybe our suicide reporting rate is higher? Shit like that. Volente, I am surprised at you. Don't pull that shit on me, man.

#36     May 31, 2019
  7. Yes, it makes shmoes happy. Being a shmoe is not a particular goal I have in life and dont wish upon anyone else. Happiness is a choice with or without money. As someone else rightly pointed out money has almost zero bearing on happiness. It's all the other choices that do have a bearing on happiness. Wish you well.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    #37     May 31, 2019
  8. volente_00

volente_00

#38     May 31, 2019
  9. volente_00

volente_00

As a % of 100,000 people in any country

#39     May 31, 2019
    dozu888 and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  10. You have a thing with words... Well put.

#40     May 31, 2019