Wine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayS, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Choad

Choad

There are only three words you need to know for wine: Two Buck Chuck

:D

#11     Mar 26, 2006
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Without looking, I'll assume Rearden is referring to the "Davis Tests"...

There was a very recent article posted on, I believe, scitechdaily, about the rather large errors commited during that test, and several misconceptions that have arisen as a result.

It's too bad, I formerly enjoyed beating up on wine snobs with the Davis Tests...

#12     Mar 26, 2006
  3. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

yep.

i once saw a bottle of port for £20k. it was made in the time of napoleon and they said it came from his own wine cellar.

think is, the stuff had separated. i.e. it wasnt for drinking - just an object d'sire.

i think a load of the bankers who spend their bonus on a slap up meal with £10k bottle of wine are just doing their ego's a favour. if they had the time to learn and appreciate a £10k bottle - they wouldnt have the time do do their 16 hour days at the bank and earn the bonus in the first place!

#13     Mar 26, 2006
  4. Got my 1982 Mouton-Rothschild in the cellar.... just waiting for the right moment to crack it open...

I cant wait......

:D

#14     Mar 26, 2006
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

my mates got 4 cases - cant remember which vintage though. he rates it very highly indeed.

#15     Mar 26, 2006
  6. TGregg

TGregg

I'd agree with that. Seems like right up to about $20, wine quality really goes up with every dollar. I mean, compare a twenty dollar bottle of vino to a ten, it's usually way better. But a $30 compared to a $20? Rarely justifiable, at least in my case - I'd rather get one of those 1.5 liters of the $20. :D

#17     Mar 26, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You got that right ... for the price it's the best Chardonnay around. As long as you have a Trader Joe's around you can get the stuff ... otherwise you're up a creek since they don't distribute it by any other means.

I recall when it first became a rage that CNBC had a piece on it and had people picking 2 Buck Chuck over bottles that cost $50 to $100 as more preferable.

#18     Mar 27, 2006
  8. balda

balda

2 buck chuck need to be decanted at least for an hour otherwise to much acid.

#19     Mar 27, 2006
  9. Arnie

Arnie

My own experience is that you can find some really good, everyday wines in the $8-$15 range. I have always been disapointed when I have paid more that $25. Agree about the Chilean reds.....some great wines at great prices.

#20     Mar 27, 2006