Wine - long/short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by savage, May 15, 2002.

1. i drank two bottles of cisco (black cherry i think) in less than an hour the night of my high school graduation.

never again.

#21     May 16, 2002
  2. axehawk

axehawk

We all have a Maddog story...

#22     May 16, 2002
  3. Dustin

Dustin

Savage,

A couple of my favorite <$15 "supermarket" wines are:

Rutherford Cab 1998
    St. Francis Chardonney 1999

#23     May 16, 2002
  4. Santa Ema, Chilean merlot 1999, about $8 depending where you find it. Some variation from bottle to bottle, but always tasty. Costo carries it as do select grocery stores.

#24     May 16, 2002
  5. I live in the Paso Robles "California" wine region and love all the zinfindels made here. I have a small viineyard and make some good zin myself. My wife works at Peachy Canyon winery and my daughter works at Eberle winery in the tasting rooms. It's great living in a wine area.
    JJ

#25     May 17, 2002
  6. darkhorse-

"cisco"! holy crap , didn't they ban that stuff back in the early 90's? I remember drinking that stuff before a Nine Inch Nails show in NYC back in 1990 i think it was. That stuff is dangerous.

#26     May 17, 2002
  7. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

I just had to throw my .02 cents worth......I grew up in Madera, CA (Central Valley) home of the "tonnage grape" and Gallo wines by the cardboard box......not the best wines but boy could they produce it by the boatload!, than I moved to Healdsburd, CA. right in the heart of Napa, beautifull reds, whites, Merlots were just becoming very popular back then and some really good varietals were beeing born then.....today I live in Santa Cruz, CA and surprisingly we have some great local vinyards and have a few friends who have their own vinyards and produce wonderfull grapes.......also the area just south of us down to N. Santa Barbara area is an up and coming area for new grapes and wine production.

Good trading all....

mrktwiz

#27     May 17, 2002

8. maybe so- i know they were selling it in 1993 (the year i graduated high school). haven't touched it since

#28     May 17, 2002
  9. Santa Rita Merlot...product of Chile.

Always wanted to go to Chile.

#29     May 17, 2002
  10. I also like the Pinot Noir Estancia, very nice red. An interesting fact regarding the Pinot Noir is that even though it's a French wine it's produced in California.
    This is possible because half of the barrels are made up of French Oak the other half being California Oak.

Chateau St. Michelle Riesling Johannseberg is another nice wine for those who like the sweeter whites.

#30     May 17, 2002