Wine - long/short?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by savage, May 15, 2002.

1. <I>How about MD 20/20?</I>

Try it through a beer bong for maximum intoxicating efficiency.

#11     May 15, 2002
  2. I am a serious wino myself. Try some of the Chilean and Australian wines-good value for the $$$. Los Vascos is one Chilean that I really like. Costs about $8. The reserve is excellent, about $11. Also the J Vidal Fluery Ventoux ($8), I like better than the Cotes du Rhone. Another great wine is McGuigan from Australia. The Merlot ($10) is my wife's favorite.

Now for you other guys that like Boones Farm and Red Rooster ("The Kickin' Chicken") etc..., why not just mix some grain alcohol with grape Koolade?

#12     May 15, 2002
  3. BruceF

BruceF

Do you guys know there are actually wine futures? A friend of mine is an oenophile and I was looking at this catalog he had. I'm not sure if you could trade them. But, they are good for speculating. Prices on some of these wines will skyrocket once the wine is delivered.

http://www.zachys.com/commerce/feature_00Bordeaux.asp?currPage=1

#13     May 15, 2002
  4. Cigar Zin is fine wine.

#14     May 15, 2002
  5. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

...for some reason I don't think these are the answers or discussion you were hoping for...tough crowd here...lol.

mrktwiz

#15     May 15, 2002

6. One of the best wine dealers in New York is Sherry-Lehmann, and they have a winter sampler and a summer sampler of French reds and it is terrific for the value. You get a dozen different reds for about $150. I have never been disappointed. They select it. They ship too.

On the flip side, there were some farm workers near my old summer place that drank Mad Dog 20-20. They said it was the best!

#16     May 15, 2002
  7. Rigel

Rigel

Oh that Mad Dog. I drank pint ONE time in college and woke up in someones flower bed in the fog and 150 miles from home at 3:30am with no car. Oh, what fun!
    Have pretty good luck now with merlots and zinfindels. Find some surprisingly good ones for $10-$15 a bottle.

#17     May 15, 2002
  8. My favorite wine emerges from the vineyards of our Italian Brethren... Frascati is a dry and light white wine with a classic hint of saltiness so renowned in Italian whites... this discourse is making me thirsty... :p

#18     May 16, 2002
  9. Neil

Neil

You bet... would not dream of trading without the comfort of knowing the wine rack is locked and loaded! To celebrate my triumphs.. or to swirl away the bitter dregs of defeat..

No help with the wines list for under $15 as in Ireland all wines are as expensive as any unscupulous govt can get away with the humengeous taxation on alcohol in a nation of unstoppable boozers.. however.. we do drink the odd american wines and like em.. reds mostly and reliable.

We like hearty rich blooded red wines... australian shiraz is almost always a good and constant wine. Pretty varied tastes overall but our local shop in the village is blessed with a supply of wine from a french guy who lives in the area and imports his own wines direct from france.. tonight we drank a bottle of Saint-Emilion Grand Cru.. Chateau Coudert 1994. That was a true bargain price at about 12 euro (whatever that is in english!) a smooth oaky dream of a wine at an exceptional price.. its hard to beat a good french wine really, despite anything you may have heard me say about les francais!

Cheers to you all
    Neil

#19     May 16, 2002
  10. <i>Oh that Mad Dog.</i>

One pint was a good night. Two pints was an exceptional night. A bottle of MD 20/20 was cheap, potent, easy to hide, and a favorite among teen boozers.

But ohhhh the hangovers .....

#20     May 16, 2002