Windshield Death Sentence -- Is 50 Years Appropriate Punishment?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by catmango, Jun 27, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Actually it is both of us on this one. We agree she got what she deserved in the 50 year sentence. Also we also agree that it is a waste of taxpayer's money to put people who murder in prison.

Cathy has PMS so she is ready to give everyone the chair today. Contrary to her liberal nature.:eek: :eek:

#51     Jun 29, 2003
  2. Two wrongs never make a right. And while what she did was wrong, she is not entitled to be sexually violated for it. While I might be able to understand the anger, I just can't get a grip on the imoral activity you propose. :)

#52     Jun 29, 2003
  3. She is just a product of the society around her. Like everybody else.

#53     Jun 29, 2003
  4. No. She is not like everybody else, and fortunately, not everybody else is like her.

She made choices, not the same choices that everybody else makes.

To blame society, drugs, alcohol, the homeless, etc. is to shift blame from where it belongs.

The moment she came to an awareness of what she had done, and did not take the appropriate steps, the steps that any reasonable man or woman should take within the context of the mores and values of our society, she moved from someone who hit someone in with her car, to cold blooded murderer.

We as a society have to acknowledge the value of human life, all human life, and let others know that her behavior is under no circumstances acceptable.

#54     Jun 29, 2003
  5. Sorry, but I think that's a total cop-out. We are responsible for our actions, plain and simple.

If I speed in my car in a school zone and strike and kill a kid as a result, I must be held fully accountable even though I never intended to kill.

Cause and effect, we make choices which lead to events we may not have desired but nevertheless occured.

Besides, I'm willing to bet a lot of us on this thread have been stoned or drunk or both at one time or another, yet we were still able to differentiate between right and wrong. This woman went in and out of the garage crying - an obvious indication that she knew what she was doing was immoral.

#55     Jun 29, 2003
  6. LOL! :D

#56     Jun 29, 2003