Windshield Death Sentence -- Is 50 Years Appropriate Punishment?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by catmango, Jun 27, 2003.

1. I stand corrected.

#41     Jun 28, 2003
  2. And why are most poor people people of color? Because liberals keep them there with social programs and dependancy politics. They don't want them to leave the welfare mammary and be self-sufficient, otherwise the whole liberal agenda would crumble.

It's disgusting the way the left uses minorities and poor people for their own benefit.

#42     Jun 28, 2003
  3. REALLY?? GEE NEVER HEARD THIS ONE :p

OH,

1 MORE THANG,,,,,,,

2 FREAKIN BAD SO SAD GET A WITE DAD THEN U WONT BE HAD :p

#43     Jun 28, 2003
  4. Aphie, you don't get it do you? SHE DID INTEND FOR HIM TO DIE BY LEAVING HIM THERE TO DIE.

What are you thinking. Picture the situation. The "mistake" as you call it, is stuck in her windshield and bleeding profusely into her car. I would say this calls for action. Almost everyone, stoned or straight, would see to it that this man got to an emergency room. The only action this woman took was to eliminate the evidence.

You don't seem to understand the concept of criminal negligence.
    That she apparently did not create the initial set of circumstances is not a mitigating factor. She had the power of life over this man and caused his death by her inaction.

That other people are insufficiently punished for other crimes unrelated to this is irrelevant.

She saw the movie "I Know What You Did Last Summer" one too many times.

Canyonman00, have you made a study of tollbooth behavior and line cutting?

#44     Jun 28, 2003
  5. GREAT MOVIE.. BUFFY CAN (S)LAY ME ANYTIME..MMMMMMMMM

#45     Jun 28, 2003
  6. Oh yea, it is the damn liberals fault.....sure it is.

The liberals in Africa keep the people poor, in the Middle East, in Europe, in South America, and in Asia.

It is the damn liberals who are to blame....of course they are.

Read some history, before the time of liberals, and see how much the wealthy and powerful did to advance the financial opportunities of the impoverished...black, white, red, yellow or brown.

It is a fact that in every society throughout the course of human history, the rich have taken steps to keep the poor that way.

It takes money to make money, and the rich aren't in the business of giving it away.

#46     Jun 28, 2003
  7. I have to agree with you on this - most of the people I see doing the airplane boarding/luggage thing happen to be white. However, most of the people I see boarding the airplane are also white!!

I've seen African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Indians, Arabs, etc. do all kinds of rude, obnoxious crap that just makes you shake your head. Rudeness is not more prevalent in any given race.

As far as the subject of this thread, this lady got what she deserved. Leaving that moaning man to die was inhumane to the highest degree; Aphie's argument that one isn't responsible for his/her crimes if under the influence of drugs and alcohol is utterly absurd.

#47     Jun 29, 2003
  8. Is this bob or cathy talking? As I recall from the capital punishment thread, http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15001&perpage=6&pagenumber=1 cathy was for life without parole while bob was for the death sentence.

p.s. That poll shows just about 70% approval that capital punishment is justified for certain crimes.

#48     Jun 29, 2003
  9. No. What I am saying is that there is a difference between acting while on drugs and acting rationally while sober. She chose to take the drugs, so she therefore has some measure of responsibility for the actions that followed -- but I don't think one can say she was totally responsible for those actions. She was responsible for chosing to be under the effects of the drugs.

The point is that none of us here were in that courtroom, so we don't know everything that was said. I just don't see what she is going to learn being in jail 30-60 years vs. a smaller sentence. There are economic repurcussions that come with long sentences like that one.

#49     Jun 29, 2003
  10. I think in this country we keep forgetting one of the # 1 reasons we have a justice system......Victims rights We are supposed to be a civilized society and as such we have rules, laws ect...designed to enforce these....Otherwise it would be anarchy if everyone took the law or revenge inot their own hands.....this guy had a family and was coming home from work....he will never see his family again and due to his death he can never state what would be the appropriate punishment.....so the sentence is for the victims family as well.....accidents happen all the time and truthfully, if she had called the police when she sobered up he would have lived and she would be facing a suspended sentence.....but instead the guy was imbedded in her car and she confessed in court " he was moaning and groaning for help"....imagine the absolute horror that went thought this man's mind as he sat there in pain and agony dying a slow twisted death while this bitch went " in and out of the garage to check on him".......can't wait till a prison gang rapes her with a broomstick....then she'll know the horror this man went through....after that, I say we can release her

#50     Jun 29, 2003