Windshield Death Sentence -- Is 50 Years Appropriate Punishment?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by catmango, Jun 27, 2003.

1. oh really, hmmm you said "far too many" not sometimes how do you know this or are you just pulling this out your butt 2? got facts dear?? even a reasoned argument would do :D

#31     Jun 28, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Why should I talk to you? :confused:

#32     Jun 28, 2003
  3. DONT THINK OF IT AS TALKING TO ME YOU ARE SPEAKING TO THE WORLD DEAR STAND UP FOR YOURSELF SO WHAT HAVE YOU SAY?? :D

#33     Jun 28, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I did say what I have to say. No idea why you find it so much fun to pick apart other people's posts? Or are you just trying to get your "total" up on the main board?

I know, you are jealous....I have a bigger "posts" than you.:eek:

#34     Jun 28, 2003
  5. PICK APART?? DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT SAY FAR TOO MANY?? :confused: I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW YOU CAME TO THIS FIRM CONCLUSION THATS ALL. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK YOU TO JUSTIFY YOUR OWN WORDS?? :eek: WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO ... :eek:

#35     Jun 28, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No need to shout Mr. Pussy.......
    I know you are just so jealous. My posts are bigger than yours:p

#36     Jun 28, 2003
  7. RIGHT .. I GOT YA.. YOU WERE TALKIN THRU YOUR BUTT HEH I KNEW IT .. CATHY YOU ARE A SPEAKEASY NOT A TRADER IN CAN TELL THE DIFF HONEY I DONT THINK ANYONE SHOULD FOLLOW YOU :eek:

#37     Jun 28, 2003
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

The defense medical examiner's supposition was wrong. When Chante Mallard testified at the sentencing hearing (she didn't testify during the actual trial) she described exactly what happened. She said Gregory Biggs (the man she struck and left embedded in her windshield to die) was moaning while her car was parked in her garage when she returned home. Hard to argue with her since she was the only one there who is still alive, and equally hard to make a case for leniency.

#38     Jun 28, 2003
  9. Ok, if I accept your flawed, undocumented premise as a benchmark, then explain the disparities in the sentencing for these crimes. Why is it acceptable and understandable that sentencing for whites committing crimes should be less?

Why is it that white males who bend the rules a little bit should not expect the same reprimand as others? And remember, it's the little things that send the loudest messages. I spend quite a good deal of time in airports. And over the years I have made many observations of behaviors that are undisputable.

Have you ever noticed that when flights are being boarded, there inevitably forms a funnel condition near the entry point? Now a line can be twenty or thirty feet long, yet there starts the merge game near the front of the line. They eagerly await the time when their seat assignment is called and they can blend in based on some person being nice to them rather than going to the back of the line.

This is also followed by having seats in the rear of the plane but placing their luggage in the front bins because it's more convient for them. Now before we start the "everyone does this" game, remember I have been noticing and pointing out this phenomenon for years. The everyone that you might mention also might happen to be white. That still doesn't make the behavior right. And it is usually done by males in the 25 to 40 age group. It's as though the laws/rules don't really apply to them.

This is not a blanket statement meant to address "everyone" as being consistently guilty. But many folks can address the instance when they did fall into a strange mode and do something that might not be the most considerate of others. :)

#39     Jun 28, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

There is another reason for so many people in prison being of color.....it has to do with poverty.

An affluent person will commit a crime, but they can hire a lawyer to get them out of it.
    A poor person can't afford that luxury. And most of our poor are people of color.

What do they say, "justice is only for those that can afford it."

#40     Jun 28, 2003