Windows XP

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by MiamiHurricanes, Mar 26, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

... April 12, 2006
    You know all that Junk Software that comes with a new PC

I was buying a computer at a major retail outlet a week or so ago, and the salesman asked me if I wanted to pay an extra $20.00 to remove all of the crap the manufacture had been installed by the manufacture. What surprised me was that they actually had this service. But their is hope for those of you that buy a dell, and don't want to pay a computer store $20.00 charge to remove this stuff. There is a utility out called dell decrapifier which is a utility that removes all of they junk without having to go hunt it down. [www.yorkspace.com]

posted by geeknews at 11:53 AM...

#11     Apr 13, 2006
  2. Bob111

Bob111

:D :D :D

#12     Apr 13, 2006
  3. Upgrade to Windows XP Professional. Worth every penny.

Install Spybot software.

#13     Apr 17, 2006
  4. Spybot is free. Search on the internet for it.

#14     Apr 17, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

My XP has been running rock solid with no crashes for 14 months now. Did it just start doing it recently ? You can also restore your xp back to a previous date in case you caused the problem from malware, spyware, virus, or just jacking with certain settings.

#15     Apr 17, 2006
  6. nonam

nonam

Something you can try for free.Install crap cleaner,free down load from sites like cnet.As well as cleaning the crap have it scan for "issues" and fix them.
    Ace utillities is probably the best for really cleaning your system.Free to try for one month.

#16     Apr 17, 2006