Windows XP

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by yabz, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Actually, you cannot "upgrade" from ME. You probably have both OS's running on your computer now. You have to select which one you want when you boot up (unless you can just default to one - not sure).

Anyway, ME did not have an upgrade path. It was a temporary release while MS worked on 98. And, probably one of the worst products MS ever put out.

For the time and money, I am still a big 2000 guy. But I have XP on a new laptop, and have no complaints.

#11     Mar 18, 2004
  2. gnome
    Thanks for the reply. It was about 3am est when I posted this and now I recall on two occasions that I could down load button trade simulator and also one from Echotrade.

#12     Mar 18, 2004
  3. zerocool

zerocool

the tool is called tweak xp professional. its shareware and you can use it 30 times. You can clean up your whole system and delete unusable files or tweak the whole system, search for spyware, delete unused registry entries, a tool for everything speeding up your xp. great stuff

http://www.totalidea.com/frameset-products.htm

#13     Mar 18, 2004

4. I traded for quite awhile with a 450 and 98 and didnt have any problems. I upgraded one weekend because I was bored.

#14     Mar 18, 2004
  5. easyrider
    Thanks for the reply.
    regards

#15     Mar 18, 2004
  6. Luto

Luto

ME did not have the 2nd string team on it. It had the 3rd string team. It was an OS that was put out by the marketing team.
    When it was being developed, the XP team was cranking away at a ground up effort based on NT.

Upgrades from ME are a waste of time. The only thing an ME disk is good for is to verify you qualify for the upgrade version of XP. lol

I upgraded a P2 266mhz with 128Mb LAPTOP which is the minimum config for XP. It is actually a very serviceable laptop now. It actually runs quite well for word processing and internet usage. Compared to ME it was a fantasitc upgrade.

#16     Mar 18, 2004
  7. Tech0I thought it stood for "mistake edition."

Agree with all who said don't upgrade, but do a clean install.

DS

#17     Mar 18, 2004