Windows XP REALLY slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TraderZones, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Agreed.
    You may have accidentally deleted an important "DLL" file that the operating system uses and now your registry is not as it was.

#11     Apr 22, 2008
  2. what is this security task mgr?

how to use it?, get it?

#12     Apr 22, 2008
  3. Bob111

Bob111

try google search. first link from top

#13     Apr 22, 2008
  4. sg20

sg20

You're probably having some kind of software hijacking your computer; it's either a removed spyware, registry cleaner, or it could be any software that can not be removed from the registry after uninstalled. Your option could be to do a new installation and try to keep network disconnected until you need to do updates. Run system restore or better yet use image drives to create a restore points so that you could go back everytime the computer is running slow, this way you will have the computer running fresh every time. If you use the computer for trading I would suggest not to install too many freebies because they are the source of most problems.

sg20

#15     Apr 22, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

i had avg and spybot on mine at the same time a year ago and they were not compatible,use one or the other, went back to original post and saw u were not using spybot, but is is possible 2 others are interfering with each other,try running just one

#16     Apr 22, 2008
  6. paulxx

paulxx

#17     Apr 22, 2008
  7. Bob111

Bob111