Windows Xp Pro?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kastro_316, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Hey guys

Would it be better to run Windows Xp pro for trading? Does it matter?

I just bought some new stuff for my comp, so I am trying to make it better.

Any advice would be great,
    -Kastro

2. Depends.
    If you want to stick to the well established pattern of misery and paying through your nose for it, by all means run Windows Xp.

If you are serious about your new 'comp', go LINUX.

3. for just running your trading applications on that one computer, it whether you run XP Pro or Home version isn't going to make any difference.

4. I don't understand the question, what other OS choices are you considering?

5. Winter: Xp home, and Linux

I will be running 3 LCD's

I have never used linux before. How much is it? What version should I get? Are programs like Medved able to load on Linux?

Thanks,
    -Kastro

6. QuoteTracker will not run on Linux natively - same goes for most other commercial financial apps. You can run it using VMWare. Some have also had limited success using WINE to run QT.

7. Lots of choices.
    Novell-SuSE is a great starter for somebody used to windoz only. In fact installing is MUCH easier than Xp + Office.

8. Wow, that's like asking if you should change the exhaust on your car or replace it with a motorcycle.

Anyway, if you don't know why you need XP Pro then you probably don't need it. If you want to know the differences between xp pro and home you can google and get a list of features that pro has that home doesnt.

9. Get XP Pro. It is much better than home (more stable, better features, etc.)

#10     Mar 31, 2006