Windows XP on Mac,Its official now.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by forrest, Apr 5, 2006.

1. ja, apparently, but if u run only osx there shouldn't be a problem...hopefully.

#11     Apr 6, 2006
  2. nitro

nitro

Then your tech "geeks" are morons . A huge portion of the Unix hackers that I know all have Mac laptops, and there is no bigger geek on the planet than a Unix hacker.

nitro

#12     Apr 6, 2006
  3. Hasn't this been done already? Back in college we had some macs that also ran Win95. You just hit ALT something and it would switch to windows. :confused:

#13     Apr 6, 2006
  4. A virtualization product for Mac allowing OS X, Windows and Linux all to be run concurrently:

http://www.parallels.com

Virtualization is a much better option than dual boot.

#14     Apr 6, 2006
  5. forrest

forrest

wow some unique tech geeks those must be. Well I suppose you were telling your "clients" to sell their shares of AAPL for the past few years as well. Things will change rather you like it or not and that market obviously knows it as seen yesterday and today on no Ipod related news at all.

#15     Apr 6, 2006
  6. nitro

nitro

#16     Apr 6, 2006
  7. Then I'd say you need to change your core of UNIX associates. UNIX hackers? And yes, they are considered the pocket protectors pocket protector. They are also not very sociable as a rule. They are those really strange guys that you don't bring around if you're trying to enjoy life. In other words, they really aren't considered main stream.

So you say my geek friends are "morons" because they don't want to be extreme? We'll be that, thanks! :)

#17     Apr 8, 2006
  8. Oh, no. Maybe you misunderstand me here. I think their niche is perfect. It's the reason for that move. And yes, a few buddies have been happily singing about their Apple stock for a few years now. But it's because of their IPod lines and decisions.

McWindows? Not on our corporate hardware platforms any time soon. :)

#18     Apr 8, 2006
  9. nitro

nitro

No, your friends are morons because if they want nothing to do with a mac, they are either biased, or really are morons.

A computer is a computer, whether it is from DELL or APPL or HPQ. An Operating system is what gives a computer it's soul. And the front end is what gives the machine it's personality. If I were to compare what a windows machine is to an apple mac by humanizing them, I would say that a mac is Leonardo Davinci, and a windows machine is Donald Trump.

I use windows machines extensively, but I would not even come close to saying that "geeks" want nothing to do with macs, not only because it is flatly wrong in theory, but because it is wrong in practice.

nitro

#20     Apr 8, 2006