Windows XP Clock Losing Time

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flipflopper, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I noticed about a week ago that my windows clock is losing time.

I leave my PC running and it loses time so it is not the CMOS battery. I have tried syncing the time to both time.windows.com and time.nist.gov but after syncing it quickly begins losing time.

I can easily tell that time is being lost because of the lag between my minute bars on my chart and the clock. I am sure that my clock is off and my charting is correct and not lagging in case anyone was thinking that.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

3. Does your BIOS lose time as well?

4. rwk

rwk

Is there any chance that you made configuration changes? Long, long ago (in the PC-XT era), I noticed that my clock lost time when I wasn't running in turbo mode.

My first thought was the CMOS battery. As you said, it's probably not that, but I would change it anyway because it's not that expensive. If that doesn't work, my may need a new motherboard.

5. I'm not sure about the BIOS losing time.

6. If you care enough to check, I will care enough to help. ;)

7. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Chronos seems to have fixed the issue but shouldn't I be worried that Windows can't keep time. I keep my trading machine in pristine condition. Don't know how this happened.

8. I'm trading now and I beleive the only way I can check the BIOS time is by reset. What is I told you the BIOS time was right? :D

#10     Sep 11, 2009