Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ChrisMMM, May 28, 2007.

1. Been using Vista since late November with very few problems and overall pretty pleased. I use IB TWS and QuoteTracker as well as ThinkOrSwim. All work fine now (although ToS didn't until about January).

#11     May 28, 2007
  2. That Dell buys its hardware from companies that can't afford to provide up-to-date drivers?

#12     May 28, 2007
  3. I have 6+ investment platforms running at one point or another and they all run rock solid. TWS, Ninja Trader, ThinkorSwim...

#13     May 28, 2007
  4. Digs

Digs

Well two of those quoted are Java based, they run on anything...

#14     May 28, 2007
  5. Not true. ToS is Java based and they had Vista specific problems.

#15     May 28, 2007
  6. gkishot

gkishot

Right. As long as there are no problems in JRE.

#16     May 28, 2007
  7. geez, I would have never thought that I would have gotten these responses. I actually am tempted to use it myself.

Why did I think Vista had all the negativity accessed to it? When it first came out did it have all type of bugs and such? Are those fixed now?

#17     May 28, 2007
  8. I don't understand why it's that big of a decision. Worst case, you can dual boot or run Vista in a virtual machine using Virtual PC 2007 (free). Try it for yourself, don't take our word for it.

#18     May 28, 2007
  9. hcour

hcour Guest

Yeah, just do a dual-boot first so you can try it out. That's what I did. Just be sure you read up on setting up a dual-boot system before you get into it.

Harold

#19     May 29, 2007
  10. #20     Jun 5, 2007