Windows Vista question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AKHENATON, Apr 8, 2008.

1. tnx for the link, UAC is the first thing to disable.

About DRM, its designed to prevent copyright infringement of the media you buy (blu ray movies, stuff you buy online, etc) and ironically, if you download pirated music and movies, those DRM restrictions dont apply.

#21     Apr 9, 2008
  2. on another note, another cool thing vista has and not XP is the new improved sound control panel where you have a volume slider for every app that is opened. thats is awesome. If it was possible to do with XP, some 3rd party developer would have released something equivalent for xp. The readyboost feature where you use usb sticks as extra cache memory is also neat.

About windows 7 :

Before vista was actually named vista, and was codenamed longhorn, Its was seriously awesome. New improved filesystem (WinFS), tons of new cool promising features, major performance improvement, etc)

What the F*** happened with all of that now?

simple, they had to throw in backward compatibility for almost every possible existing applications and hardware. That is a major reason why Vista is slow + bloated.

If they do the same in Windows 7, it will be as shitty.

If they don't you most likely will have to buy new hardware and new version of your apps, but you will definitly have a good well performing OS with fewer bugs.

#22     Apr 9, 2008
  3. silver, off topic here, but I downgraded my Intel Penyrn chipset equipped laptop from Vista to XP, and I lost my audio.

It's not the drivers - I downloaded those from Lenovo's website for XP and they aren't helping.

Thanks.

#23     Apr 9, 2008
  4. if the audio is refered to as ''high definition audio bus" in the device manager i know there is a order to intall the drivers.

#24     Apr 9, 2008
  5. Silver, it's Soundmax High Definition, but it's not recognized as such in Device Driver. And control panel does not recognize any "sound device."

Thanks.

#25     Apr 9, 2008