Windows 8

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by osho67, May 24, 2014.

1. I have windows 8 on my computer. Some how Microsoft has known my Hotmail e mail address and now windows 8 is asking me to enter my password to continue. Unless I do this I cant log into any website. How can I disable this requirement and log into my a/c. This happened when I allowed my computer to upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1. Thanks

2. jnbadger

jnbadger

I bought my 8.1 on black friday, and the login requirement pissed me off. I just went ahead and gave in and entered my hotmail info, since I had a previous MS account. It may have been the lazy man's approach, but I have yet to be bothered by them. It's my trading computer and I still make money, so I guess all is ok.

Had the same issue with my GF's new laptop a month ago. It pissed me off again, but all is fine with hers as well.

But I would be interested in other responses to this, just out of curiosity.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

4. Vertex

Vertex

You can use a local account instead of the Microsoft account. When you are first setting up your user account, hit cancel when it asks for the Microsoft account and you will be given the option for a local account (small print link towards the bottom of the screen is easy to miss). It is probably possible to change your user account to local through the control panel but I'm not sure as I am not at my 8.1 computer.

5. This is correct.

Just create a new user that's a local account.

Open a new Explorer window, Right click on your computer, click 'Manage' (Should have Administrator shield next to it)

Under "Computer Management" select Local Users and Groups >> Users >> Right click in the white space and select 'New User'

Your choice if you want this user to be an Administrator or just a regular user.