Windows 7 Will Let Microsoft Track Your Every Move - Webmonkey

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by taodr, Oct 7, 2009.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I suppose you could pull the phone battery except when you wanted to use it... I remember some kind of a story where a mob guy was slipped a phone that had been modified to be a listening device when turned off.. the concensus of the comments was he had to pull the battery to make sure the thing was off... probably if somebody nowadays uses a pager THAT is cause for suspicion
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

#41     Oct 9, 2009
  2. tracking?? microsoft is a fucking piker compared to google. you all are living in googles colon:D

#42     Oct 12, 2009
  3. Sounds like it is time for a revolution, guys...

#43     Oct 12, 2009
  4. Anyone read about the "smart" electric meters? The utility cos will reconstruct your living habits and turn off your tv when your not in the room, shut down the a/c for you etc. They'll know when your not home.

#44     Oct 12, 2009
  5. kinar

kinar

Yeah, Microsoft is arriving really late to this pony show...or at least openly arriving late. They have been in the closet for a long time on this issue. Don't forget that everytime an application crashes on windows (even when it isn't a microsoft app), you are given the option to send a report to MS. Its the same thing there really.

Google on the other hand "gives" away all thier stuff so that they can steal information from you secretly. Sure its in the fine print that they are doing it but just because they have a company motto of "don't be evil", people trust them. Yeah well, people are morons. Google has surpassed both Microsoft and Walmart at the top of the Evil Empire.

good thing I never turn off my TV or computers then eh?

#45     Oct 12, 2009
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Google is probably worse.. didn't they cut a deal with the Chinese government to supply info regarding internet users or something.. I don't recall details...

Everybody trades in info.. your "confidential" medical records.. forget it, they get passed around freely essentially... I don't really try to keep private but it's probably a good thing to know how... is there a book on the subject... heck yeah, several...

http://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Invisi...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255387489&sr=8-2

#46     Oct 12, 2009
  7. new$

new$

#47     Oct 12, 2009
  8. market was putting me to sleep a few weeks ago and i was also having network constipation issues so i went into my connection app to watch ip addresses. there was this odd ip address moving up and down in the top 5 in bandwith usage slots(much more than my trading apps, incidentally). what do i do, well i use bing, got nothing, then google and surprise, it's a google registered address (not related to the network issue). now i don't use google or any search much these days nor have i ever downloaded anything from google.com but i sure seem to be communicating with google alot. Data mining for sure, avoidable? probably not but sometime soon in the future im going to try to cut them off.

#48     Oct 12, 2009