Windows 7 Will Let Microsoft Track Your Every Move - Webmonkey

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by taodr, Oct 7, 2009.

1. kinar

kinar

Fair enough. I'm sure your family and friends will rest easy tonight knowing that you would theoretically take satisfaction/relief in killing another human being for a crime they didn't commit.

#31     Oct 8, 2009
  2. Yet if they make us wear electronic thought monitors, to increase efficiency, there will be no satisfaction allowed as a result of any action to carry out the plans of the system.

I wonder if stress would be allowed? No. A stressed individual with a conscience is a less efficient gas chamber worker.

All this because somebody is all for Win 7 tracking that eventually leads to having a government camera in his bathroom. Thanks.

#32     Oct 8, 2009
  3. Lethn

Lethn

I don't want people messing with my computer and watching me constantly behind my back because it's f**king illegal.

And it isn't a matter of principle, it's a matter of law, the government nor any corporation has the right to illegaly track what a person is doing on their computer. Far too many people and corporations are popping up lately thinking that it is.

#33     Oct 8, 2009
  4. kinar

kinar

It isn't illegal if you agree to it.

Of course, the matter of forcing users to agree in order to use your software might be illegal (although hasn't been proven in court yet to my knowledge which makes it currently legal). But of course microsoft isn't doing that either since, according to the OP, they are turned off by default.

#34     Oct 8, 2009
  5. The legal system has decided (for us) that the individual has no right to privacy.

Fine. That's the way the pendulum is swinging. Don't like it, leave, live on a farm, etc...

Eventually the pendulum will swing back. Slaves are boring & their masters grow corrupt and lazy.

#35     Oct 8, 2009
  6. maxpi

maxpi

I kind of want to get a cellphone, Sony has one that is basically an 8 mega pixel camera with a phone included, that might be great for me, amateur photographer that I am... I suppose that what you want to avoid is the windows os on a mobile device, I see that some have a google os and probably there are others.. the next task is to find one where you can fully disable the gps, or to make a GPS jammer to go with the phone...

I don't believe in security via software.. I had all the recommended anti virus and anti everything else software running on a computer a few years back, I downloaded prio to see what I was connected to so I could fill out the whitelist on my hardware firewall and discovered that I was connected to two notorious hacker sites... that was an epiphany.. they were right past the Panda software that gets rave reviews and happily using my computer for something... I won't even login to my checking account except from the trading computer behind the whitelisting hardware firewall... I hate thieves, moreso when they take me down..

#36     Oct 8, 2009
  7. Since you dont give a shit can i put a webcam in your bedroom and watch you bone your wife. And iam pretty sure if there is a camara in your bath room govt will be watching your wife or sister or mother or daughter take a dump, not your ugly ass.

#37     Oct 8, 2009
  8. So does ET.

And yet here we are, happily posting away and giving up our impressions and clicks for free...

#38     Oct 9, 2009
  9. maxpi

maxpi

you get what you pay for here every time too...

#39     Oct 9, 2009
  10. kinar

kinar

You aren't gonna find a cell phone these days where you can fully disable GPS "out of the box". Even if you turn off usage reporting, it still updates and the govt can still find you. And even if you do go the route of a GPS jammer, there is still cell tower triangulation that can be used (and is) to track you down. at any point in time that your cell phone is turned on.

The same goes for any "OnStar capable" vehicle purchased. Even if you don't pay for the service, it is still on and can still be used to track your vehicle without your consent (as recently proved by a case in Michigan (or one of the other northern mid-west states, can't remember exactly) where the police used it to track down a stolen vehicle without the owners consent where they weren't paying for service.

#40     Oct 9, 2009