Windows 7 Will Let Microsoft Track Your Every Move - Webmonkey

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by taodr, Oct 7, 2009.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I'm a circuit designer.. I've had it on the back burner to make a little personal cell phone jammer for the retards that yell into their phones when I'm trying to eat and read a paper... might as well design in a GPS jammer while I'm at it..

#21     Oct 7, 2009
  2. You don't have a mobile phone?

That's pretty much the best "defense".

#22     Oct 7, 2009
  3. No "will be" about it - we became slaves to machines the moment the first tired nomad stuck a plow behind an ox and started the agrarian revolution.

It's worked out pretty damn good so far, looking forward to more.

#23     Oct 7, 2009

4. The founder of Sun Micro is pretty worried about it:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.04/joy.html

#24     Oct 7, 2009
  5. GiantDog

GiantDog

Well, after reading my comment it seems my response was a little strange but your response to my comment with your last sentence is even more strange.

The way things are going with the GUVment, it isn't long before they install webcams inside our houses so they can see everything we do. They are already putting camera's on street corners to watch us in our cars. We are losing our freedom and our privacy. I can't see why this is a good thing, can you?

#25     Oct 8, 2009
  6. These fucking assholes are designing software to AID the advertisers?

Last I understood, the text I come to read on a website is about 000.000000001% of the bandwidth and resources requisite to load a page; all the rest is bullshit fucking advertising. We already have to buy bigger, more expensive computers to deal with all this bullshit fucking advertising.

Now some fucking assholes in Redmond are aiding and abetting advertisers???

Yo advertisers - GET THE FUCK OFF MY MACHINE RIGHT FUCKING NOW NOW YOU FUCKING MORNONS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE ACTUALLY BUYS THE SHIT ADVERTISED ON THE INTERNET.

If you had to stop your car for 59 minutes ever hour of driving to sit through advertisements you would throw the car away. So why then do we tolerate these fucking advertisers hijacking our computers?

it's my fucking computer.
    my fucking bandwidth.
    my fucking memory.
    get the fuck off my computer mother fuckers.

Next week I'll tell you what I really think of this.

#26     Oct 8, 2009
  7. kinar

kinar

Oh there are hundreds of good things that can come from being constantly monitored.

Lets say that the completely unrealistic "inhouse cameras" scenario comes to life...

What happens if I fall down the stairs at home and noone is around to call 911? If someone is actively monitoring, it might save my life.

What happens if someone robs me? Police check the videos and instantly have suspects.

How about the classic "someone else must have been using my computer" defense? Can't exactly use that anymore unless it's true now.

Heck, as long as I have access to the footage as well...we can go with even simple stuff like...

I walk into my place and find there is dogshit on the carpet. Which one of my 2 pets are getting taken to the vet to be put down tomorrow? Now I can find out.

Which one of my kids was REALLY the one who got into the cookie jar?

More surveilence makes life easier. Unless you are doing something that is legally or socially/morally wrong.

#27     Oct 8, 2009
  8. You will be the first one to commit a "crime" and be sent to the gas chamber.

#28     Oct 8, 2009
  9. kinar

kinar

And you will be the first to die from a heart attack due to the stress required to fight the system...

See, I can make baseless claims on the interwebs too!

#29     Oct 8, 2009
  10. Oh, yeah!? I will relieve pent up stress from fighting the system by pushing the button that releases the gas in the chamber that you and the other conformists are sent to because you had no idea the act you committed was suddenly made illegal and all caught on the camera in your house that you so eagerly had installed because you thought that you never do anything that was legally or socially/morally wrong!

#30     Oct 8, 2009