Windows 7 Pro Power Settings

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BCE, Sep 23, 2010.

1. BCE

BCE

Hi :)

I have a two month old laptop http://www.frys.com/product/6282180 and I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit edition. The problem I'm having is when I adjust the power settings my computer changes them back when I reboot it. The specific problem is I'm using the "Balanced" setting and it's supposed to run the monitor at full screen brightness when the laptop is plugged in. And when it's running in battery mode it's about maybe 40% brightness. But what happens is when I run it on the battery, once I've rebooted it, it changes the plugged in setting to match the batter setting at about 40%. I have to manually reset it every time I reboot my computer. Kind of a hassle. Any thoughts on what can be causing this? Thanks.

2. Three suggestions:

Log on as Admin (google Windows 7 Admin Account) and make the change; see if it sticks.

Google your problem - works 99% of the time for me. Enter your OS followed by very brief string of keywords related to your problem.

Visit the Microsoft IT Pro forums. There are lots of real good people there who solve 95% of what can't be solved using the above steps. But it takes time. Post your question and visit it back a few times per week looking for answers.

3. BCE

BCE

Thanks :) I use Google mostly too to solve computer issues and I did some for this but not all the ones you mention. Thanks for your help.

4. But of course!