Windows 7 clean install issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by achilles28, Dec 31, 2016.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Attempted a clean install. 2 hard drives. Performed a clean install successfully. Restarted computer. Guess what ? My old screen saver pops up with all my old files on the desktop .....

Seems Windows 7 doesn't really get rid of all the old shit with a "clean install". Need to get rid of all the old stuff and all the "old windows" folders or whatever they are. Just want two clean drives with a fresh copy of windows 7.

Any advice ?

2. achilles28

achilles28

Deleted and reformatted the two drives a couple times

I missed that before. That should do the trick

3. achilles28

achilles28

Okay. So even after Both drives were reformatted. Deleted. Then reformatted again. Then a clean win 7 install.

The computer is acting all messed up. Unresponsive. Hangs. Slow. Freezes.

Must be a hardware issue ?

4. achilles28

achilles28

Control alt delete doesn't work. Clicking on half the icons or folders doesn't work. Constantly hanging.

Weird man

5. achilles28

achilles28

Just very slllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww

It's running at a snails pace. 16cpu x 24 gb ram.

Could be the quadro 4000 gpu running with no driver ?

6. achilles28

achilles28

Turned off and exited kaspersky. Seems to be okay now .... still early....

Very odd. Installing malwarebytes and kaspersky was first thing after os install. Never had many problems with Kas before ?

7. JamesL

JamesL

Your computer appears to be working just fine.

:D

8. achilles28

achilles28

^using my other hand held computer :)

Ya, it was Kaspersky.... everything is running fine. have disabled.

9. volente_00

volente_00

Is this a Dell?

Try AVG free for antivirus, I've never had any resource hogging issues from using it.

10. Handle123

Handle123

OMG, had this problem in January, no matter what I did, Windows 7 just was so slow and kept freezing, had to go to Windows 10 which seems to be less drain on laptop, advise, as soon as you have Windows 10 on, make full backup, cause once you start adding anything updates to other software's, some simply not happy with Windows 10, and Windows 10 does not allow long term system restore points, it is like a month long and then drops them.

I had to switch from AVG to Avast cause of hogging on email surfing laptop, but have AVG on dedicated trading machines.

It is funny how one software which worked great once before makes a royal mess after.

#10     Dec 31, 2016