Windows 10 - Awful Performance and UX - spin spin spin...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kmiklas, Mar 7, 2019.

1. heispark

heispark

Finally I found peace in mind after I bought an iMac....

#41     Mar 10, 2019
    kmiklas likes this.
  2. kmiklas

kmiklas

I was chatting about W10 with some friends at a St. Patrick’s Day party today, and we figured it out.

MS is using us as guinea pigs.

They gave W10 out for free, allow people to use it, collect data, and use that to work the bugs out of it.

#42     Mar 10, 2019
  3. Only decent, stable and reliable Windows 10 is the Enterprise LTSB (1607) or the newer LTSC based on 1809.

#43     Mar 20, 2019
  4. No, none of what you describe. But then I run on new hardware. You can't expect a 2005 Nokia phone to run the newest Android OS smoothly.

#44     Mar 25, 2019
  5. Really? Seems most users, including corporates disagree with you. Win 10 just overtook win 7 and windows has an overall 90+% market share among all computers world wide. But you are of course entitled to your opinion. Good luck with Linux. Let us know when you get every last issue and detail resolved after weeks and months of tinkering.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    #45     Mar 25, 2019
  6. Comments? Simple: stop buying this eBay used shit from years ago and you get better boot times. Mine boots up in less than 7 seconds after the bios fully posted. That is with an install I had for over a year now and plenty of installed apps.

#46     Mar 25, 2019
  7. It sounds more like you have been messing and breaking stuff yourself. How come there are millions of windows 10 users who always have their updates installing automatically and never had a hitch nor problems. Not saying that there are no edge cases and issues at time but there is a grand majority of people who have a very pleasant experience with windows 10. I am one of them. Never had a blue screen ever never had an update issue ever never had a freeze that the os could not recover from ever. And I mean since I adopted won 10 a week after it was first released.

#47     Mar 25, 2019
    tomorton likes this.
  8. kmiklas

kmiklas

This is not late 20th century Linux that needed an 80-hour sprint and a handful of 2-pin jumpers to get it working.

Linux, notably Ubuntu, is remarkably easy to install and use. Try it (seriously, try it).

#48     Mar 25, 2019
    Overnight and HobbyTrading like this.
  9. T0pH4t

T0pH4t

FYI, I happily gave up on Windows a long time ago and have used ArchLinux w/ TWS for years.

#49     Mar 25, 2019
    kmiklas likes this.
  10. Dead easy! The installer is a real hand holder. Mint is probably just as simple. Debian is not just for ubergeeks, either, actually. I am loving Ubuntu, me. I have drank the koolaid and it is good. I will never go back.

Tried Red Hat in the early days. It was a nightmare, then.

Ubuntu is easy to try on a winDOHs machine, without messing with your system. Just make a bootable live USB drive. It won't be as fast as on hard drive, no. But it will let you get an idea on whether you might like it or not. Migrating from WinDOHs to Ubuntu is a lot easier than it was for me to migrate from DOS to Win 3.1 back in the day.

#50     Mar 25, 2019