Windows 10 - Awful Performance and UX - spin spin spin...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kmiklas, Mar 7, 2019.

1. apdxyk

apdxyk

I have been pretty happy with my 10 untill after yet another 'update' networking stack seems limping now, as if the socket allocation is running out. Anyways, too little time for this problem at the moment, my 7 is still clean and runs my trading soft just fine (I do imaging back-ups regularly). I wish my Photon Trader was ported to Linux, TOS runs just fine on either platform and browser based version of TT is wonderful. And yes, I was just recently helping one of those graduates to install Solaris, optimize its FS and install Oracle on that. The proud fella was full of himself but didn't know what ntpd or ifconfig stands for. "How do I make it connect to Internet?"-kinda-fellow. But he authored 2 red books no less.

#91     Jul 24, 2019
  2. You might want to try TweakMASTER Pro. TweakMASTER Pro includes TweakMASTER 3.60 and DU Meter 7.30. TweakMASTER is an Internet optimizer utility and DU Meter is a small Internet usage graph which remains on your desktop.

I installed both in October 2012. I only used TweakMaster once. After my ISP changed my modem and upped my speed, I probably should have used it again. It can be a bit time consuming.

I use DU Meter all the time, everyday. It allows you to constantly see what your Internet usage is. It loads at boot-up. It also loads a Windows Service. However, total RAM usage is very small, probably around 21 MB. CPU usage is 0.06%-0.5%. DU Meter intermittently writes your Internet usage to a small log file. After I updated to a 480 GB SanDisk SSD, I edited the Windows 7 Registry and relocated the DU Meter log file to a hard disk drive base folder. With newer editions of DU Meter, you probably will not need to do this. The relocate function will be built in.

If you don't want TweakMaster, because it will change your internal Internet settings, I highly recommend DU Meter. Everyone should use DU Meter and Windows probably should have included it. With DU Meter, you can see what your download speeds are and if any programs are using any bandwidth. BTW, TweakMaster does remember your original Internet settings and you can restore them. TweakMaster does not remain in memory.

If you buy a TweakMaster Pro 5 user license, you will be able to install both TweakMaster and DU Meter on 5 Windows computers. There is a 30 day money back guarantee.

Secondary Webpages:
    TweakMaster - "Supports ALL current Windows versions including Windows 7/8/10"
    DU Meter
    I don't know why they maintain 2 different sites.

I am not affiliated with any of these companies. I receive no compensation from them.
    INSTALL ALL SOFTWARE AND MAKE ALL CHANGES TO YOUR SYSTEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    #92     Aug 17, 2019
    apdxyk likes this.