WIN2K SP4 Released

Discussion in 'Events' started by max401, Jun 27, 2003.

1. gnome

gnome

Of course, you're right about "some systems"....
    I never "claimed" about slowing, just heard about it and was asking.

#21     Jun 29, 2003
  2. You seemed pretty adamant that it was a genuine issue to the point of refusing to install it on your machine:

"Do you know if SP4 includes patch #811493?... One which slowed many user's systems and was uninstalled to restored normal operating speed? TIA"

"Uh, no. I've been intentionally avoiding it in W2K updates. I haven't heard whether they fixed that patch, but it's still on the list."

"Have the problems with the patch been fixed?"

#22     Jun 29, 2003
  3. gnome

gnome

Yes. And do you have a point?

#23     Jun 29, 2003
  4. Absolutely. Don't base upgrades that will improve your system speed and security on unfounded rumors.

#24     Jun 29, 2003
  5. gnome

gnome

My concern wasn't mere rumor. Some had reported a slowing with that patch and someone more savvy than I (Langa's letter perhaps?) had recommended uninstalling it to restore performance. That was the last I'd heard and was wondering if there were updates on the issue.

#25     Jun 29, 2003
  6. Lancer

Lancer

#26     Jun 29, 2003
  7. 1. Not a thing about it on Fred's list;

2. So far, you have not identified or qualified who "some" are.

3. You don't even claim it actually exists as an issue.

What you've said so far is that "I never 'claimed' about slowing, just heard about it and was asking." And now, "...it wasn't mere rumor."

#27     Jun 29, 2003
  8. gnome

gnome

So, are you just in a pissy mood this morning, the computer God (of which we mortals should know better than to ask a question), or basically just an ass in general. (It's OK if that's the case. I have a cousin like that.) Sheesh!

#28     Jun 29, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

absolutely: her is another tip: look carefully through the list of bugfixes to determine if this service pack is worth installing:

Here is our opinion - no big issues (for our operations) are fixed in this service pack and for many businesses there will be little reason to apply the pack. Unless something else is discovered we will wait until the next SP and again review.

Just our two cents: SP3 fixed some generally nasty bugs. SP4 does not appear to fix anything an onerous as those in SP3.

Also, another tip: Turn windows update OFF. IMHO it is a bad bad security risk to trust Microsoft to automatically update anything and we CAREFULLY review fix details before allowing them installed on our systems: you should too .....

#29     Jun 29, 2003
  10. I installed Sp4 just now everything fine. No problems so far. Sometimes I think people go a little overboard regarding MS and their evil intent.

Yawn!!! I am getting very sleepy, I just need to lie down for a few minutes. Yawn!!!!!! Here is a nice spot. Can any body tell me where the yellow brick ro.................................................................
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#30     Jun 29, 2003