Win2000, IB, and Neoticker...works??

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by barata, Oct 13, 2011.

1. barata

barata

I wanted to try the Neoticker demo on my Windows 2000 computer, using Interactive Brokers for data. I asked Neoticker support if this combination would work, and the answer was they had never tested it so didn't know.

Has anyone used this combination successfully?

2. Nice company that doesn't know if their software works.

3. barata

barata

I've asked if there were any earlier versions that worked but so far (after 3 days) no answer to that. Neoticker itself works with Win2000, but it's the NT Order Server for IB that's in question.

4. Catoosa

Catoosa

Barata,

Generally it seems that if they support Win XP, it will run in Win 2000 SP4 with all updates. Some need .Net installed. I use IB data, MBTrading data, and TDAT data in QuoteTracker under Win 2000.

Each of my PC's have removable hard drive bays. The master is in one bay and the other is empty except when I through in a second hard drive to do a drive to drive copy of the master for a backup or to test out some new hardware or software/update. A clone of your hard drive would be useful to use in checking out what you are wanting to do.

5. barata

barata

Catoosa, can you tell me what kind of hard drive bay you're using. If it's a good one, what brand is it, and is it hot swappable?

6. Catoosa

Catoosa

Barata,
    Are you using IDE ATA hard drives or SATA hard drives (must buy racks and trays to match type of drives used)? I bought my racks and removable trays from Computergate.com several tears ago. I have 8 racks (2 per PC) and about 16 removable trays. Each rack comes with one removable tray. Extra trays can be purchased to fit each type of frame and drive type. Each drive will need to be mounted in its own tray. My drive to drive backup hard drive copies are stored on shelves in case I need them (only installed in a PC when I am making a drive to drive copy of a master hard drive and then removed). I do not use hot swap software. I turn off PC to insert or remove the backup tray with drive. I boot using a Western Digital diskette or CD (free from WD online support) that makes my drive to drive hard drive clones. It is best to use hard drives of the same brand and type. Tell me the brand and type drives you will use and I will look on Computergate.com and then advise.

7. 9999

You can also use virtual systems to test everything out without messing your OS at all. In this way, you don't have to switch or swap anything.

8. barata

barata

I used to have some older rack and tray combinations, but they were from before SATA, and had these cheap locks with keys that were so shallow the keys fell out all the time. Are yours like that?

I'm mostly using Western Digital RE SATA drives, but I have some IDE drives also, WD and Maxtor.

I looked at Computergate.com and they seem to have two price levels, $30+ and around $15. Which ones are you using? Computergate.com doesn't have many photos so I can't tell if the racks have key locks or some other kind.

9. Catoosa

Catoosa

Barata,

My trays are probably like the ones you had. They use the vending machine type tamper-proof cylinder locks that you remove the keys from the locks. The racks and trays are plastic (some trays have metal covers). Computergate.com has trays for my racks for $5.49 each. I did not see a good Computergate.com solutions for SATA drives. I suggest you search eBay for "hard drive mobile rack". My eBay search came up with 227 results. Once you determine the Brand and model racks you need, you can search Google to see if you can find them cheaper than eBay.

If you bought any of your Western Digital drives in the "retail package version" you probably have the cloning software disk you need.