win/loss over 70% - please help

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by zenith, Jun 2, 2006.

1. using a good stop loss strategy is also really helpfull for taking out stress from your trading... it leaves less stuff to your emotions and more to your logic.

#41     Jun 18, 2006
  2. HHMMM ...Ouija board :)

#42     Jun 18, 2006
  3. When we say "winnng trade" we are really saying "correct direction." But who cares about correct direction? What we really want is a big move, i.e. volatility. Join the world of market-neutral option traders and smash that silly crystal ball already.

#43     Jun 18, 2006
  4. ecritt

ecritt

A graphical representation of my experiences with the ever seductive "high winning percentage".

#44     Jun 19, 2006
  5. MGJ

MGJ

A shame that the Chart facility in Excel doesn't have a spell checker. Type "likelyhood" into dictionary.com (or MS Word) to see what happens.

#45     Jun 19, 2006
  6. This whole "high is bad" or "low is bad" is just another example of the bigotry we seem to get in trading. Arguing about it is such fun --- but such bullshit as well :)

Just because I can't do anything with market profile (say) doesn't make it wrong. Just because I cant turn a moving average cross into a profitable system doesn't make it wrong. Same with fibs.

Just because someone here can't make a profit with a 70% system or a 30% doesn't make it wrong. My preferred strategy is 70% plus but I could easily build a 30% system (5-10 to 1 win size/loss size) strategy for the same day trading opportunities - I just happen to prefer to have very few losses and a nice comfortable earning experience.

The trick is to find something that will work with your beliefs, is probably pretty simple to implement, and then sort out your psychology so that you can successfully profit from it.

#46     Jun 19, 2006
  7. ecritt

ecritt

Check again. Reasonably current Excel versions do have a spell check feature that works perfectly fine on the chart object. I just didn't use it. I did get a chuckle from your sarcasm.

I hope I spelled "chuckle" right. Or should I have written "spelt"? Come to think of it I opened the previous paragraph with a fragment. :eek:

#47     Jun 19, 2006