win/loss over 70% - please help

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by zenith, Jun 2, 2006.

1. zenith

zenith

I'm looking for high probability system with winning rate 70% and higher and really need help, I just can't find patterns that have this kind of probabilities that show up in backtesting.

Is this possible by scalping only? Or any of you achiving this by swing trading?

Please Help!!! I'm not asking for exact set up just maybe somebody can point me into the right direction...

thanks a lot in advance.

2. dac8555

dac8555

check out a blog called trader X. he claims to have around 70-80% win loss ratio.

traderx.blogspot.com

seems like a humble guy.
    Maybe you will pick up some good ideas there.

3. win loss really doesn't mean much.

you have to take the level of returns into consideration for the win loss to be meaningful

4. kww

kww

Try profit targets.

5. 65% would be fine and enough for me. Please PM. TIA.

6. The lady in the second row agreed to 60% ; do I hear 55%?

7. That's all you need? Why didn't you just ask sooner? They are all over the place.

:D

8. Are you implying you have already had a profitable system winning just below 70%? Otherwise, why 70%?

9. Great blog, but I don't know if it is a "system". He is a really good trader, and has a lot of success weeding out the bad and only taking the good.

10. Here are some rules that give 70% winning trades. For each of the stocks in your Watch List, do the following steps:
    1. If ADX > 20, buy tomorrow at market on the open
    2. Immediately after your buy order is filled, place a Limit order to sell at 0.05 above your buy price. This is a "profit target exit".
    3. Place a sell stop at 5.00 below your buy price. This is a "stoploss exit".
    4. Hold the position until one or the other exit orders is filled.
    Try it out in Wealth Lab or AmiBroker or MetaStock, you'll see that the %wins is extremely high. Don't take my word for it, check it yourself.

Profits are low. But %wins are high, which is what you wanted.

#10     Jun 2, 2006