Win $100,000 in the Interactive Brokers Programming Competition

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by forex-forex, Dec 2, 2007.

1. cd23

cd23

Last year all trades were done by a third party and they were based on a price that had long past.

It was not real in any way.

#11     Dec 3, 2007
  2. Koppanyi

Koppanyi

What about IB's homepage? For some days I haven't been able to enter. Is it under service?
    Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere in the forum...

Koppanyi

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. Def can you answer a couple questions if you dont mind...

1. Could the student use another persons simulation account in order to trade if they dont have one thmselves and dont want to spend 10k getting one.

2. Could the ATS have been programmed by someone else or would it have to have been programmed by said student.

Thanks.

#13     Dec 4, 2007
  4. Oh also if you could previously demonstrate that you were a student at a university but arent currently enrolled and only completed the first year what would happen then.

#14     Dec 4, 2007
  5. Tums

Tums

read the rules

#15     Dec 4, 2007
  6. It was redesigned.

You should be able to enter now.

JJ

#16     Dec 4, 2007
  7. cd23

cd23

JJ did they redo the rules to a minimum level???

TIA, your opinion may influence these guys for 2009.

#17     Dec 4, 2007
  8. Yes ive now read the rules a little more thouroughly and am fairlty sure ive answered all my own questions. However whats less clear is wheter you have to have an IB account or whether they just gift you a paper trading account in order to trade with. Anybody know the answer to this. Im still waiting for a reply to my email from IB.

#18     Dec 4, 2007
  9. Its very unlikely that most students would qualify for a real account.
    Therefore i think its safe to assume you will get a free paper account for the competition after you apply to enter..

#19     Dec 4, 2007
  10. You get a free paper account once you submit your resume and your trading plan.

#20     Dec 4, 2007