Williams %R

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Pekelo, Feb 28, 2006.

1. KS96,

Don't bother, your facts and logic are apparently not enough to destroy his delusion.

#141     Aug 24, 2006
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just because I enjoy playing with the Spillover boys:

Quote from KS96:

Those are not rules!

Damn! And I thought I can get away with it! By the way how do you know what are those arrows based on?

Yes, it looks like it works,

If it looks like a duck...

...but if you backtest it taking all trades according to your rules

...if it quacks like a duck...

..blindly you will see what I mean.

...it's a DUCK!!!

For any system you can come up, I can pull out a chart that shows it works.

Hm, maybe we should be in business together....

Now guys, if you don't like Larry, it is your problem. If you want to know my system for free, well too late for that.

So let's the thread die quietly, if you haven't learnt anything from those charts, you are not gonna...

#142     Aug 24, 2006
  3. Boys, I am a novice by most standards. I do not make my living trading, but I offer this. (IMHO) The truth of the markets is in the price and the elements that comprise a price, ie: volume, tick, etc. As has been stated here, manipulations of any of these though anything more than addition, subtraction and ratios offer only the opportunity to speculate and expand on that particular indicators characteristics which are diversions from the truth, (It is these mathamatically induced diversions which many traders feel hold special significance, but it it is just like switching the lens filter on an old camera, looking through the varying thickness of an old pane of glass, etc.) All this discussion, on and on and on about a particular indicator's merits over another is misguided (IMHO). All this talk about "understanding one indicator before learning another" is misguided. (By the way since I say "misguided", don't ask me to guide).

Truth is (IMHO): Almost any form of entry can work. WHAT!!!

Almost any form of entry can work.

So, That is why different traders succeed (like I would know) with various indicators and methods. Given, that there are clearly approaches that are destined to lose, for example a system that would sell a triple divergence on decling price on RSi, Sto, Mcd, etc.. But, It would appear that there are other approaches that would hold an increased possibilty of being profitable, say, catching a reversal, based a price divergence on tick, confirmed with OBV, and any OB/OS indicator. (Just a random example)

The "secret", "grail", etc. (IMHO) ithen is the proper application of money management. ie. setting limiting losses and locking in gains. I know there are stratagies that do not use stops, but most traders (as I understand your kind) do use them.

Gee! With this kind of insight and cosmic understanding, I should be a trading Bizilllionaire! This post may be out of line in this thread, it just happened. Just my observations. Best to all.

#143     Sep 1, 2006