will ZB and ZN go on the no short list?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by dumb_mother, Apr 30, 2009.

1. will the government resort to not allowing us to short them eventually as we tumble over the next few years?

2. I know you're kidding but as a former local in the CBOT's Bond pit-my sole mission in life is to short Treasury securities and help smash, ruin and destroy the United States Federal government. I truly do worry that Big Brother will curtail or even eliminate Treasury futures as the carnage takes hold.

3. i'm actually not kidding, i wouldn't be surprised if they say it's unamerican to short treasuries and/or tax it punitively

4. You're ahead of the curve bro. I'm VERY afraid you'll be right!!

5. They're already trying to do it with QE

6. QE isn't exactly that, it is just coiling up the spring for the fall later- it's kind of nice because eventually there will be a nice bold line in the sand- i know i'm jumping over the third time we meet it.

7. Cutten

Cutten

The day that they do, load up on puts because they are gonna tank for 2-3 months after that law is passed.

8. fhl

fhl

I saw that proshares and direxion have already launched a few leveraged inverse treasury etf's. Watching the administration and their various mouthpieces demonize them should be very interesting. Only a matter of time.

I found this little gem today:
    "he was the first member of Congress to tour the Bureau of Public Debt, which trades bonds, and was alarmed at how much debt was being bought by the US Federal Reserve due to absence of foreign investors."
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i4estRSYeFBIII9kezxnP4jgoGZQ