Will you trade differently on the date 6/6/6

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, May 2, 2006.

1. Yeah, I think it'll be tough to top the original.
    [​IMG]

#41     May 30, 2006
  2. Will you trade differently on the date 6/6/6

only if you are a true psycho.

#42     May 30, 2006
  3. ER9

ER9

lol....that one cracked me up.

#43     May 30, 2006
  4. Another "scared mother" news article:

Woman balks at having 6/6/6 'devil' baby
    CAVERSHAM, England, May 30 (UPI) -- A woman in England due to give birth on June 6 is fighting with her hospital to induce her sooner to avoid delivering on the demonic date of 6/6/6.

Melissa Parker, 30, said as a fan of "The Omen," a movie about a demonic child, she's genuinely concerned about the numerology involved, The Sun reported Tuesday.

"I'm terrified the birth will go wrong or the child will have evil in him or her," Parker said. "Even worse my beautiful baby could be the devil himself -- the anti-Christ."

The figure 666 is mentioned in the Bible and various cultures believe it represents the date the anti-Christ will appear on Earth, but that doesn't hold any water at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.

A hospital spokesman said Parker's request for an induction was refused because due dates are not 100 percent certain.

"There is little we can do to change them without a Caesarean or inducing the child, which we try to avoid," the spokesman said. "We must let nature take its course. The baby will be born when ready, no matter what day it is."

#44     May 30, 2006
  5. Old Russian joke:

A church congregation is being held, and the parish is singing a song when all of a sudden the roof of the church is ripped off and sucked into the darkening sky. Lightning and thunder erupt and everyone flees the church in terror as a red winged devil descends upon the church. Everyone, that is, except an old man who looks up rather disinterested. The devil roars and dives at him, but he doesn't even flinch. Seconds before he is to destroy the old man, the devil stops short and asks, curiously, "aren't you even the slightest bit scared of me?"

The old man chuckles a bit. "Why should I be?" He says derisively. "I've been married to your sister these last thirty years!"

#45     May 30, 2006
  6. ================

Mr/mrs ES;

No ,the only danger is if you put that mark 666 on your hand /forehead , as ordered by ''beast'' which results in that sucker's soul being damned.

I did have an insurance quote come up WAY to high, a multiple of 666;told that insurance girl thats way too high,666 is the mark of the beast.777 beats 666 all day/month/ year /any time.
    665 beats it on short side.

Pek;
    Maverick74 says if you dont believe in the devil;
    you havent been in some Chicago neighborhoods:p Mav knows.

#46     Jun 2, 2006
  7. See You in Hell!

Hell, Mich., Heats Up for 6-6-6 Party

Jun 4, 7:04 AM (ET)
    HELL, Mich. (AP) - They're planning a hot time in Hell on Tuesday. The day bears the date of 6-6-06, or abbreviated as 666 - a number that carries hellish significance. And there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the day will go unnoticed in the unincorporated hamlet 60 miles west of Detroit.

Nobody is more fired up than John Colone, the town's self-styled mayor and owner of a souvenir shop.

"I've got '666' T-shirts and mugs. I'm only ordering 666 (of the items) so once they're gone, that's it," said Colone, also known as Odum Plenty. "Everyone who comes will get a letter of authenticity saying you've celebrated June 6, 2006, in Hell."

Most of Colone's wares will sell for $6.66, including deeds to one square inch of Hell.

Live entertainment and a costume contest are planned. The Gates of Hell should be installed at a children's play area in time for the festivities.

"They're 8 feet tall and 5 foot wide and each gate looks like flames, and when they're closed, it's a devil's head," Colone told The Detroit News for a Saturday story.

Mike "Smitty" Hickey, owner of the Dam Site Inn, wasn't sure what kind of clientele would show up Tuesday.

"We're all about having fun here. I don't think we're going to get the cult crowd, the devil worshippers or anything like that," said Hickey, whose bar's signature concoction is the Bloody Devil, a variant of the Bloody Mary.

Colone, meanwhile, has been in touch with radio stations as far away as San Diego and Seattle that are raffling off trips to Hell in honor of 6-6-6.

The 666 revelry is just the latest chapter in the town's storied history of publicity stunts, said Jason LeTeff, one of its 72 year-round residents - or, as the mayor calls them, Hellions or Hell-billies. But LeTeff wasn't particularly enthused.

"Now, here I am living in Hell, taking my kids to church and trying to teach them the right things and the town where we live is having a 6-6-6 party," he said.

According to the town's semiofficial Web site, there are two leading theories about how Hell got its name.

The first holds that a pair of German travelers stepped out of a stagecoach one sunny afternoon in the 1830s, and one said to the other, "So schoene hell" - roughly translated as, "So bright and beautiful." Their comments were overheard by some locals and the name stuck.

The second holds that George Reeves was asked after Michigan gained statehood what he thought the town he helped settle should be called, and reportedly replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell if you want to." The name became official on Oct. 13, 1841.

#47     Jun 4, 2006
  8. AHHHHHHHHH, 6 minutes and 66 seconds more minutes until whatever bad things are going to happen.... happen!!!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48     Jun 5, 2006
  9. the words GEORGE BUSH in Hebrew numbers adds up to 666. There u have it u non believers!

#49     Jun 6, 2006
  10. jerryz

jerryz

lol please explain how hebrew numbers work.

#50     Jun 6, 2006