Will you trade differently on the date 6/6/6

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, May 2, 2006.

1. I LONG to make a killing that day... in the market that is. MWA...HA...HA...HA!!
    [​IMG]

#21     May 3, 2006
  2. this reminds me of a joke:

IT'S A MONK'S LIFE In an ancient monastery, a new monk arrived to dedicate his life to Godand to join the others copying ancient records. The first thing henoticed was that they were copying by hand books that had already beencopied by hand.He had to speak up. "Forgive me, Father Justinian, but copying othercopies by hand allows many chances for error. How do we know we aren'tcopying someone else's mistakes? Are they ever checked against theoriginals?"Father Justinian was startled. No one had ever suggested that before."Well, that is a good point, my son. I will take one of these latestbooks down to the vault and study it against its original document."He went deep into the vault where no one else was allowed to enter andstarted to study. The day passed, and it was getting late in the evening.The monks were getting worried about Father Justinian. Finally one monkstarted making his way through the old vault, and as he began to think hemight get lost, he heard sobbing. "Father Justinian," he called.The sobbing grew louder as he came closer. He finally found the oldpriest sitting at a table with the new copy and the original ancientbook in front of him. It was obvious that Father Justinian had beencrying for a long time."Oh, my Lord," sobbed Father Justinian, "the word is celebrate not celibate!"

#22     May 3, 2006
  3. squeeze

squeeze

It will obviously be a day when all the techincal factors align for unholy profits.

#23     May 3, 2006
  4. maybe on that day at 6 am/ pm, 6 minutes, 6 seconds, something will happen?

But it depends on the time zone.

#24     May 5, 2006
  5. jtmarlin

jtmarlin

what if you traded on 6-6-06, made 50K and you didn't even know it the date, would you give it back?

#25     May 5, 2006
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL

Market isn't even open on 6/6/06...?

#26     May 5, 2006
  7. Why?

#27     May 5, 2006
  8. There is/was a Smith Barney branch on 666 5th Ave in NYC. It is/was, I kid you not, located on the 13th floor.

#28     May 6, 2006
  9. nitro

nitro

What if he made $666?

nitro

#29     May 6, 2006
  10. Ebo

Ebo

666 Fifth Avenue does not have a 13th floor.
    Nice try!

#30     May 6, 2006